Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings folks.

A few months back I bought myself a HP Envy 13. Due to school and designing I want to run Windows (personal use) and OSx(Designing). Having read a lot about the HP probook's being good candidates and the new Skylake processors being pretty compatible, I wonder if this little monster will run OSx EL Capitan smooth enough. Here are the exact specs:
  • Intel Core i7 6500U
  • Intel HD Graphics 520 (integrated)
  • 8GB DDR-3
  • Samsung MZNTE256HMHP (256GB SSD)
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
Can someone tell me if the basics of OSx might work with these specs, or if you need more information. For me the hardware is a bit of a gray area for me, me being a software type.

If these specs indeed prove to be enough, I am planning to log my installation for future HP Envy OSx users.

I again hope you guys can answer this for me.

Greeting TheDutchman

PS: All the specs can be found here: http://nl.hardware.info/product/330932/hp-envy-13-d020nd/specificaties

Last edited:
Greetings folks.

A few months back I bought myself a HP Envy 13. Due to school and designing I want to run Windows (personal use) and OSx(Designing). Having read a lot about the HP probook's being good candidates and the new Skylake processors being pretty compatible, I wonder if this little monster will run OSx EL Capitan smooth enough. Here are the exact specs:
  • Intel Core i7 6500U
  • 8GB DDR-3
Can someone tell me if the basics of OSx might work with these specs, or if you need more information. For me the hardware is a bit of a gray area for me, me being a software type.

If these specs indeed prove to be enough, I am planning to log my installation for future HP Envy OSx users.

Greeting TheDutchman

PS: All the specs can be found here: http://nl.hardware.info/product/330932/hp-envy-13-d020nd/specificaties

See how far you get here...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

--

If it works out (eg. you can get it to boot/install ok)...

then...

Provide some more details...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Also, post audio codec dump from Linux.

Greetings folks.

• Intel Core i7 6500U
  • 8GB DDR-3

Greeting TheDutchman

Did it end up working?

Greetings folks.

• Intel Core i7 6500U
  • 8GB DDR-3

Greeting TheDutchman

Hello there. Did it ended well? I am facing problems with Clover on the same type of HP ENVY. My Clover is not able to start installlin, so I woul appreciate any sign, that the problem is with my clover USB stick rather than Hp ENNVY.... Thanks.

Hello there. Did it ended well? I am facing problems with Clover on the same type of HP ENVY. My Clover is not able to start installlin, so I woul appreciate any sign, that the problem is with my clover USB stick rather than Hp ENNVY.... Thanks.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Hello.

My laptop is (preparing for my wife):
HP ENVY 13-d008na
CPU: i5-6200U 2,3 GHz Skylake
BoardID: HP80DF
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 520, display resolution 1920x1080
SSD: ADATA AXNS381E-256GM-B

I tried to load Clover in UEFI mode, tried disabling legacy and load in UEFI, disabled secure boot. I can boot into clover. But then again and again after pressing "Boot MacOs from USB" apears the screen with apple logo, under which is status bar, but thats it. Nothing else. No activity even after 10 minutes. No progress.

I tried the USB on my second PC with Gigabyte MB and everything (complete installation) went OK. Is it really necessary to download new Clover especially for this laptop? I didnt find any succesfull instalations unless this thread....

Thank for any advice.

Hello.

My laptop is (preparing for my wife):
HP ENVY 13-d008na
CPU: i5-6200U 2,3 GHz Skylake
BoardID: HP80DF
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 520, display resolution 1920x1080
SSD: ADATA AXNS381E-256GM-B

I tried to load Clover in UEFI mode, tried disabling legacy and load in UEFI, disabled secure boot. I can boot into clover. But then again and again after pressing "Boot MacOs from USB" apears the screen with apple logo, under which is status bar, but thats it. Nothing else. No activity even after 10 minutes. No progress.

I tried the USB on my second PC with Gigabyte MB and everything (complete installation) went OK. Is it really necessary to download new Clover especially for this laptop? I didnt find any succesfull instalations unless this thread....

Thank for any advice.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back