Contribute
Register

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 / HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 483830

On an HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Desktop Mini Intel i5-6600 3.3 GHz Quad 16GB using the latest OpenCore via OC-Builder along with one of the OC EFIs posted to this thread. I booted the HP into the USB installer, installed on a blank SSD, migrated user/apps from a Catalina drive. I initially tried to update in place on the Catalina install, but that was unsuccessful.
I have this G2 with i7 6700 (65w) running OpenCore 0.6.0 on OSX 10.15.6. Working USB map. Do you have working sleep? What about multi monitor?

I have this G2 with i7 6700 (65w) running OpenCore 0.6.0 on OSX 10.15.6. Working USB map. Do you have working sleep? What about multi monitor?

I have not attempted multi-monitor. I'm running a display port to HDMI adapter that only gives me 1440p (though the monitor is capable of 2160). To be honest, I haven't tried sleep, but I will attempt and let you know.

Okay, I tested sleep, and it appeared to go to sleep, however the display to the monitor did not come back on waking. I was able, however, to screen share and see the screen perfectly even though there was still no signal going to the monitor. When I rebooted the machine (through the screen share), everything was back to normal. So, initial testing shows sleep less than fully functional.

Could you share your USB map? Mine was functional until I added the WiFi/Bluetooth card, then not so much so I went back to the map everything hack.

Thanks OP for the guide. I was able to get my 800G2 mini set up rather quickly using the EFI.zip. However, I don't think my USB 3.0 works though. When I plug in USB 2.0 device to the 3.0 port, it works just fine. But if I plug in USB 3.0 devices, it doesn't recognize it. I tried changing the kernel and kext patch from this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-high-sierra-10-13-4-usb-3-0-problems.250272/#post-1778533 to see if that makes a difference, but it still didn't work. Anyone run into the same issue know how to fix it? Searching this thread didn't seem to turn up any results, but "USB 3.0" is so generic of a search term.

I see now that more than half this thread is about USB 3.0 But the fix doesn't seem to be very simple. I have to map out my USBs and create a custom kext. Hopefully someone with a 800G2 mini and High Sierra can share their EFI? From various threads I read, USBInjectAll isn't the right way to do it.

I see now that more than half this thread is about USB 3.0 But the fix doesn't seem to be very simple. I have to map out my USBs and create a custom kext. Hopefully someone with a 800G2 mini and High Sierra can share their EFI? From various threads I read, USBInjectAll isn't the right way to do it.
I have enclosed my EFI running OpenCore 0.6.1. Some issues which I have noted in docs inside the EFI. Remember to add your serials. Some issues:
- Sleep problems still
- RTC clock problems still
- Using the original Intel WiFi/BT, works but not decent speeds at the moment.

Regarding sleep I have the same experience like @bibendum where the monitor will not wake but I can still remote desktop to the PC and restart it from there.

Note - I am running OS X 10.15.6 Catalina with this EFI but it should work fine with High Sierra. I even tested it with Big Sur with no issues as far as I can see.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.1 MB · Views: 349
Last edited:
I use USBInjectALL and Hackintool to map the USB ports. Then I install the USBports.kext and remove USBIntectAll and port limit in config.plist. USBInjectAll is really only for exposing all USB ports and a proper USB mapping is the only correct way to get stable USB. Hackintool is a fantastic tool for this (and other things).

I have enclosed my EFI running OpenCore 0.6.1. Some issues which I have noted in docs inside the EFI. Remember to add your serials. Some issues:
- Sleep problems still
- RTC clock problems still
- Using the original Intel WiFi/BT, works but not decent speeds at the moment.

Regarding sleep I have the same experience like @bibendum where the monitor will not wake but I can still remote desktop to the PC and restart it from there.

Note - I am running OS X 10.15.6 Catalina with this EFI but it should work fine with High Sierra. I even tested it with Big Sur with no issues as far as I can see.

Thanks for the EFI files. I will try out the USBports.kext and see if our mappings are the same and miraculously work. If not, I will have to learn how to map and create my own kext it seems.

Last edited:
I use USBInjectALL and Hackintool to map the USB ports. Then I install the USBports.kext and remove USBIntectAll and port limit in config.plist. USBInjectAll is really only for exposing all USB ports and a proper USB mapping is the only correct way to get stable USB. Hackintool is a fantastic tool for this (and other things).

Ok development, in a different thread I think, I read that I can apply the "USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart" kext patch for the USB. This indeed worked, but I was still using USBInjectAll. So I removed the kext patch and used your USBports.kext, this worked for me but the real time clock error showed up. By hunch, I reapplied the kext patch and this somehow eliminated the real time clock issue on post. Don't know why or how but it worked, so I'm keeping this configuration. Thank you for sharing the EFI files.

Something minor I found was I can't have my logitech wireless receiver on the same side (front or back) where I plug in my USB 3.0 flash reader. It would cause the mouse/keyboard to lag severely. It doesn't do this if I separate them. It also doesn't happen with an external spinning HD. The same problematic flash reader also doesn't interfere with a different thumbpad/mouse combo I have. I'm going to call this good since this 'tosh will be a headless unit anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back