Contribute
Register

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 / HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a problem with this exact model (HP 800 G2). I don't have this problem with my other 2 mini PCs, Lenovo ThinkCentre m93p or m910q. Or any other hackintosh builds. It have not heard of this problem with e.g. the HP 800 G3 or G4 versions. Take a look at this post . The problem is OS X and the mobo uses different time settings. This is not a logic board error like HP told me. I changed the CMOS battery (which in fact was bad) but it did not fix the error. If I boot several times in Windows the error goes away. Booting in OS X I get the error on the next boot. Not sure how much effort I will use to fix this as it is mostlu only annoying. I did the Windows regedit hack but the error is back now. I am using OpenCore 0.5.9 as bootloader.

But you still encounter the problem?
I will try https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-cmos-rtc-error-after-reboot.270143/ I'm not sure if it will work enough for my configuration. I do not use hybrination in normally.

But you still encounter the problem?
I will try https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-cmos-rtc-error-after-reboot.270143/ I'm not sure if it will work enough for my configuration. I do not use hybrination in normally.
I still have the problem. I can not find the same choice for "fixRTC" in OpenCore as in Clover. If you don't hibernate your will not reboot so often. I also have disabled sleep since it just crashes anyway after sleep. Have not been able to fix any sleep on the HP 800 G2 :(

I Applied the fixrtc 1.0.6 Which is a few days Old. That seems to solve it when I used the boot command, now I mixed up clover bootloader and my boot gets stuck. I’m not able to boot by usb or harddrive. I have to start over again from scratch. I think.

I used the https://github.com/acidanthera/RTCMemoryFixup.

Then I used the bootargument:" -rtcfxdbg".

But while rebooting I encounter this:
IMG_1708.JPG

Anybody some ideas?

Hi guys, i wanted to ask you about this pc several questions..
I installed Mac OS Mojave on this pc with the guide from this forum (link) and now i am stuck and don't know what to do with the post installation.. As far as know i have to install multibeast and choose what kexts should be injected in the boot state..
This PC configuration is:
Intel Core i5 (6th Gen) 6500 / 3.2 GHz
Chipset type: Intel Q150 Express
Ram: 8 gb 2133 MHz
Ethernet controller: Intel I219-LM
Intel HD Graphics 530

With the EFI folder from the USB i created, only usb 2.0 and 3.0, ethernet and one of the monitors are working.. ( i have 2 monitors connected via DP ). The audio is not working also. I know i have to install multibeast with the options selected from there but i don't know what to select.. How do i recognize what should i choose? Also i read something about the hd graphics driver that had a problem with configuring two monitor setup? Can you tell me if there is a solution so i can fix the two monitor setup? Also i noticed that when i turn off the monitor and switch it back on it wont show a picture any more and i have to restart the pc.. I really cant understand that problem? How do i fix that too? 0_o

Can you help me with this?

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 2.50.44 PM.png

On an HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Desktop Mini Intel i5-6600 3.3 GHz Quad 16GB using the latest OpenCore via OC-Builder along with one of the OC EFIs posted to this thread. I booted the HP into the USB installer, installed on a blank SSD, migrated user/apps from a Catalina drive. I initially tried to update in place on the Catalina install, but that was unsuccessful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back