Contribute
Register

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 / HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the install also under Clover, because it was there before OC. But I think, install should work also under OC.
If I run the Catalina installer from USB with my OC in the EFI the system hangs at apfs_module_start:1689
The OpenCore guide tells it is a problem with AWAC / RTC. But I cannot figure out what to patch. If I load my DSDT in MaciASL and follow the guide, I cannot find what I should change.

I've added my plist to this post.
Would you be so nice to share the one you are using for reference?

Last edited:
I guess you already checked all your EFI files and ACPI patches, at least the EC patch. I did not have this issue. Did you try with Mojave? Same issue there?

Well, I don't see your plist, but here is mine (without platforminfo). It's working fine with current Catalina and Mojave. Please note that there are some differences between your HW and mine, e.g. the external GPU, so check ig-platform-id. Also if you start from USB you need to enable XhciPortLimit or have an appropriate USBPorts.kext/Contents/Info.plist. I added also a RTC hotpatch which does a similar thing like the Clover FixRTC. It's disabled because not needed when using RTCMemoryFix.kext. Perhaps it helps.

Attachments

• config.plist
    20 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I guess you already checked all your EFI files and ACPI patches, at least the EC patch. I did not have this issue. Did you try with Mojave? Same issue there?

Well, I don't see your plist, but here is mine (without platforminfo). It's working fine with current Catalina and Mojave. Please note that there are some differences between your HW and mine, e.g. the external GPU, so check ig-platform-id. Also if you start from USB you need to enable XhciPortLimit or have an appropriate USBPorts.kext/Contents/Info.plist. I added also a RTC hotpatch which does a similar thing like the Clover FixRTC. It's disabled because not needed when using RTCMemoryFix.kext. Perhaps it helps.

Thanks a lot!

I managed to get a clean installation of Mojave with the included config, I used yours for reference and made some adjustments to mine. I also renamed the EC with a hotpatch (it is a laptop-sized motherboard so I read that guide as well). However a Catalina install / update still stalls on apfs_module_start:1689

I noticed 2 ACPI warnings (with both the EC hotpatch and with the SSDT-EC.aml):

GPE _L69 has no implementation (20160930/evgpeinit-465)
GPE _L1D has no implementation (20160930/evgpeinit-465)

However I don't know how to get rid of those errors and I don't know if that's the problem why Catalina won't install.
For now I'm really happy with a clean installation of Mojave and will be using it.

(For someone with a HP Elitedesk 800 g2 mini PC and wanting to try OpenCore, it is very possible.)

Attachments

• config.plist
    19 KB · Views: 99
I also get these 2 ACPI warnings and don't think that there is a connection to your Catalina problem. Because it's the apfs module, it's perhaps related to disk partitioning or the disk hardware itself. From Catalina 10.15.3 to 10.15.4 there were also some nice changes, e.g. related to the supported CPUs :(.

Has there been any future work on this project? Or what was the latest stable build?

Just installed Mojave yesterday on my EliteDesk 800 G2 Mini. Works quite smooth even in 4k resolution. What doesn´t work yet is BT, WIFI and internal Audio. Just wonder if I am the only one with the "Mini" build?
Hi, do you still have this working? I have the same G2 Mini with i7-5700 (65w). I am trying to get it to work with OpenCore. Do you have a working EFI folder to share?

Hi, I have an Prodesk 600 G2 Mini and i can't use 2 displays at once. My machine has one DP, one HDMI and one VGA (I know that it is unsupported). What can I do ?

Wish I found this thread earlier. I just completed a Catalina 10.15.4.02 installation on my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini. You can see my solution here in case it helps anyone with their 600 G2.

Last edited:
Hi I'm new to the hackintosh environment. But since I have a macbook air 2017 and switched from windows to mac I wanted to learn more about mac OS. Now I've got a free HP Elitedesk 800 TWR G2, I5 6500 with 24 gb ram and a samsung 850 Evo, and I'm trying to install Catalina 10.5.4, directly.

I have updated the bios to 02.47 Rev.A, and putted the bios settings according to: https://github.com/sakoula/HP-EliteDesk-800-G2-6700#bios-setup
A installation usb of 32gb with https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-install-macos-catalina-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.285366/ .
I have used the install usb on the HP and it goed to the clover boot as per screen. Then it starts with the apple logo and the loading and when the loading part seems to be fully loaded, it stays on that screen for more than an hour, nothing happens.

Does someone could give me some advice? How long does this normally take?

Thanks for the help.

Hi I'm new to the hackintosh environment. But since I have a macbook air 2017 and switched from windows to mac I wanted to learn more about mac OS. Now I've got a free HP Elitedesk 800 TWR G2, I5 6500 with 24 gb ram and a samsung 850 Evo, and I'm trying to install Catalina 10.5.4, directly.

I have updated the bios to 02.47 Rev.A, and putted the bios settings according to: https://github.com/sakoula/HP-EliteDesk-800-G2-6700#bios-setup
A installation usb of 32gb with https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-install-macos-catalina-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.285366/ .
I have used the install usb on the HP and it goed to the clover boot as per screen. Then it starts with the apple logo and the loading and when the loading part seems to be fully loaded, it stays on that screen for more than an hour, nothing happens.

Does someone could give me some advice? How long does this normally take?

Thanks for the help.
boot verbose to see what is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back