Contribute
Register

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 / HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
@PaintArm2
I'm looking to get a PCIe adapter for a macbook air wifi+bluetooth card and install it in the HP 800 G2 (running Ubuntu...I haven't got around to trying hackintosh yet!). I understand that for bluetooth I'll need to connect the adapter to a usb header on the motherboard, and I thought of using the SD card header as you have done, but it sounds like it won't work? Does "FIXED" mean you managed to fix it, and if so how?

@ipmungam For Hackintosh then yes, Ubuntu I have no idea. Yes fixed means it works from the SD Card header. I don't use my ED 800 G2 TWR anymore as I upgraded to a 800 G3 mini and coverted the G2 TWR into a NAS (loads of room for drives with some case mods). What makes you think it won't work? If memory serves, you have to enable the SD Card within the bios then using Hackintool map your USB ports correctly and install the USBPorts.kext to L\E\ and the generated SSDT-EC.aml to EFI\Clover\ACPI\Patched.

I'd follow the guide (in Hackintool, select the USB tab then select the I at the bottom) in order to map the USB ports correctly as its more involved than just generating the necessary files

I believe I have an EFI that should work fine for the G2 Tower if you'd like to try it. It should be updated to work with Catalina also

Hi. I am trying to install catalina on my EliteDesk 800 G2 mini. Could anyone kindly share the config.plist file for booting clover please. I am unable to load installation as I get kernel panic.

@a7med I found with Catalina that if you don't have either a generated SSDT-EC.aml in the EFI\Clover\ACPI\Patched folder for your USB ports OR have the the "change EC0 to EC" ACPI patch enabled then the installer won't boot and will panic.

Also, its best to install on either a USB 2.0 port or a USB 2.0 stick as USB 3.0 is temperamental

@ipmungam For Hackintosh then yes, Ubuntu I have no idea. Yes fixed means it works from the SD Card header. I don't use my ED 800 G2 TWR anymore as I upgraded to a 800 G3 mini and coverted the G2 TWR into a NAS (loads of room for drives with some case mods). What makes you think it won't work? If memory serves, you have to enable the SD Card within the bios then using Hackintool map your USB ports correctly and install the USBPorts.kext to L\E\ and the generated SSDT-EC.aml to EFI\Clover\ACPI\Patched.

I'd follow the guide (in Hackintool, select the USB tab then select the I at the bottom) in order to map the USB ports correctly as its more involved than just generating the necessary files

I believe I have an EFI that should work fine for the G2 Tower if you'd like to try it. It should be updated to work with Catalina also
@PaintArm2
Thanks for this. I'm guessing the SD card header won't be a problem in Ubuntu then -- it was just your previous message that I stumbled across that made me think it might be, but now I realise what you described there is almost certainly a hackintosh issue.
If I ever get around to trying hackintosh I'll let you know -- your 800 G2 TWR experience would be very useful. I have the SFF but I understand they use essentially the same motherboard.
Thanks again.

Hi there!
@sakoula thanks a lot for your guide!
Since sleep doesn't work on iGPU I suggest to disable sleep option, because system works unstable after wake up. But maybe it was because I forgot to install kexts to L/E.
By the way, I got HP 800 G2 SFF, USB ports mapping is different with tower. Attaching my mapping, hope it will be helpful for someone.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 103
Hi everyone

I have the HP 800 G2 SFF, followed the guide by @sakoula to install and everything works apart from the USB3. I have a USB3 HDD that works if I plug into 2 (and only 2) of the USB ports, but only runs at USB2 speeds. USB2 devices work on any (black or blue SS ports).

In Hackintool all my ports show up as HS01 - HS12, no SS ones, but I know the SS ones are ports 01, 02, 09 and 11.

Can anyone help me enable the 4 superspeed ports please? I tried using the USBPorts.kext that @spurdo88 posted with no joy.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Hi there!
@sakoula thanks a lot for your guide!
Since sleep doesn't work on iGPU I suggest to disable sleep option, because system works unstable after wake up. But maybe it was because I forgot to install kexts to L/E.
By the way, I got HP 800 G2 SFF, USB ports mapping is different with tower. Attaching my mapping, hope it will be helpful for someone.

@spurdo88 could you send me a copy of your EFI Folder do you think? I also have a 800 G2 SFF and am having issues with the USB ports and cannot figure what to do to get USB3 working.

@martinjsteven In Hackintool under the USB tabs, click the i icon at the bottom and it will load the instructions to follow to correctly make your USBPorts.kext. If you got them working using USBInjectAll.kext then bare in mind that that is considered just a temporary fix

EFI folder for HP G2 800 SFF can be found at my repo.
Got just one issue right now - if i use DP-HDMI cable - got some freezes (like with lenovo l380), but issue on lenovo was resolved by replacing HDMI cable. Now i'm using HDMI 2.0 cable with DP port adapter from aliexpress - sometimes when i change input on display i got black screen with glitches. Patched framebuffer by hackintool, second display port doesn't work, i don't need it, but here is solution, maybe someone will implement it.

@martinjsteven If you got them working using USBInjectAll.kext then bare in mind that that is considered just a temporary fix

But why? As i know USB patching may be implemented by DSDT patch or just by using configured kext. If @martinjsteven has exactly same machine as me i think it's correct solution.
UPDATE: Sorry, missed USBPorts.kext with USBInjectAll.kext. Of course using USBInjectAll.kext is not good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back