Contribute
Register

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 / HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, my computer is the HP 800G2. I installed mojave. Sound and internet are fine. but I couldn't solve the display problem. My monitor is connected with VGA port. I get the following error in system information and there is flicker on the screen.
Intel HD Graphics 530 7 MB
how to handle this problem. I would appreciate it if you help.

Check the first post .... its states clearly that VGA is NOT SUPPORTED. I will advice you use the DisplayPort instead.

"graphics driver failed to load could not register with framebuffer driver"

I get the above error.

I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G2 - i5 6500 3.2 GHz - Intel HD 530
I tried installing High Sierra and after installation writing over the EFI folder with the attached EFI folder from the original post.
However, the internal speaker is still not recognised.
Any easy suggestions how to fix this? I'm about to tear my hair out.

@Sprewy Try the attached EFI. If it works install all kexts in \Clover\Kexts\Other to \Library\Extensions\ (you can look up the method if you don't know how to) then delete all kexts EXCEPT FakeSMC.kext from the \Kexts\Other folder.

This EFI should work fine for both High Sierra and Mojave with exception to the USB port limit patches. You will have to disable the patch for 10.13 and enable the ones for 10.14 if you upgrade to mojave. If you upgrade to Mojave then re-enable them and then follow a guide on how to use Hackintool to make a USBPorts.kext to patch them.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.9 MB · Views: 172
@PaintArm2 Thanks. To install the Kexts into \Library\Extensions\, will I have to find them online and reinstall them? Or can they be moved somehow? If yes to the reinstallation process, how do I make sure they are being installed in the right place? Is there a good Kext utility for this? Where do I look up the method?

Hey @edihav, I too am experiencing this issue. I'm currently trying to install Mojave onto the Prodesk 600 G2. When I go to system report, it looks like the Intel graphics has "kext not loaded". I've been trying various EFI files here but no luck so far.

@Sprewy I assume you have installed clover to your install and aren’t booting from the usb every time?

to install the kexts go to EFI\Clover\Kexts\Other and copy them to the desktop. Download Kext Beast, run it and select \Library\Extensions. That will install all kexts on the desktop to said directory.

After that finishes, download and run Kext Utility. Don’t use this to install kexts. It is only to repair permissions after kext beast has installed them.

Delete all kexts from EFI\Clover\Kexts\Other apart from FakeSMC

Reboot and good luck

You can leave the kexts on the desktop till you’ve rebooted just incase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back