Contribute
Register

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 / HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @PaintArm2

tried the config you described, same issue , a reboot before ending the install ( 2 minutes remaining each time )
Tried also to follow @sakoula guide (https://github.com/sakoula/HP-EliteDesk-800-G2-6700#install-clover-to-the-usb-flash-drive)

Also updated to the laster Clover release (4.8.7.1) same issue
The only difference I noticed, was tried also to used USB stick on a USB 2.0 hub to have an installation on a USB 2.0 protocol was "an error happened during install, please restart a fresh install" (this is an approximate translation from french)

@guy26 did you try only the config.plist or the entire EFI folder?

What version of macOS are you trying to install?

Did you repopulate the SMBIOS field on the config.plist with iMac 17,1?

If possible can you post a picture of your screen when it panics

Last edited:
@PaintArm2 I trying to install the latest Mojave version 10.14.2 maybe I should try with High Sierra?
I tried the entire EFI folder
I repopulate SMBIOS to have iMac 17,1 with new serial and uuid

Here is a screenshot of one of multiple crash I face to

Attachments

• IMG_20190203_180245.jpg
    IMG_20190203_180245.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 226
after you reach that stage have you let it reboot and at clover selected your ssd instead of the usb? That looks like a reboot in part of the install. Not a kernel panic to me.

Have you made it into the installer at all?

EDIT: So, I loaded up my installer USB and it loaded fine to the first part of macOS installation. I then quit the installer and got the same text you have in your screenshot above. I believe what you are seeing is the macOS installer getting ready for a reboot. I did also notice that my USB installer is running an older version of clover. I shall update it and upload it here for you to try. My installer seems to be running 10.14 not 10.14.3

Last edited:
hello @PaintArm2

you're right !!! Finally I could finish install by booting several times on SSD from clover menu.
I tried to finalise the install with Clover setup on SSD drive but stuck on Apple logo after the reboot.
I will investigate on this point now, and let you know . Anyway many thanks for yout help!!

@guy26 glad it worked for you. remember to set the SMBIOS information as the same for both the config on the usb and the one that you have on the ssd EFI Partition. if you don't then there will be issues with iMessage and stuff.

I forgot to remove a kext from the POST install kexts folder. It's called USBPorts.kext. I suggest you remove that and don't install it to L\E\ with the other kexts as that is designed for and EliteDesk 800 G2.

You should be able to use the USB to boot into your SSD until you have sorted out clover. If you are using my POST install EFI then you MUST install the kexts to L\E\ and use the EFI I provided in the EFI Partition that is created by clover on your SSD. That could be what's causing your crash as the kexts required won't be getting loaded if you haven't installed them and if you aren't replacing the EFI folder then clover won't boot correctly. I hope that makes sense.

EDIT: @guy26 I suggest you use the attached post install folder as I have updated it to not use USBPorts.kext. It uses the USBInjectAll.kext method which isn't intended to be used long term. I suggest you follow this guide under the USB ports section for how to create your own USBPorts.kext. All changes to your config.plist can be done within Clover Configurator

Attachments

• POST Install.zip
    28.3 MB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Hi!

I have created a very detailed guide on installing mojave on my 'HP EliteDesk 800 G2 TWR i7-6700'. It is located on github along with all the files @ sakoula/HP-EliteDesk-800-G2-6700 .

I am currently using two monitors on my setup out of the stock HD530 (Display Ports) by just doing some Framebuffer patching on 10.14.2. I will update the guide once I am not having any side effects. The guide as it is, is working fine for one monitor.

I have also did some ACPI HotPatching in order to be 'hackintosh friendly'. My way of patching things are a bit different of what is being used in this thread. I am still learning here and I tried to keep the guide as simple as possible but also justify all the moves that I have made.

BTW why don't we move the thread under mojave?

Let me know if you have any issue or question.

Hi Sakoula,

Thanks for the very detailed guide you made. It got my system installed. I tried the guide on this thread from edelton but it kept rebooting on the Apple logo. Perhaps because my system is a G2 800 Tower with i7 6700 like yours rather than i5 SFF.

Strange thing though with Clover Boot menu - keyboard and mouse gets stuck on SSD booting.
  • booting off USB, choosing SSD - boots fine
  • Used your instructions to put EFI on SSD with Clover install and manual copying
  • When it boots from SSD, it gets STUCK on the Clover menu with keyboard and mouse not working
  • Re-insert USB and boot - it works again.
  • However, I have to detach SSD, boot to USB, turn off, reattach SSD with USB before it would allow keyboard/mouse
  • I copied the EFI folder from USB to mounted EFI on SSD directly
  • Still gets stuck with SSD booting, no keyboard or mouse
  • the only way past this screen is to do a timeout to default volume using Clover config.plist
  • after macOS Mojave has loaded, keyboard and mouse are working

Any ideas on what's happening? I need the menu to work because I want to add a Windows EFI to the Clover boot menu next.

Thanks for your help!

Hi @tph33

This is really weird!!!
Which clover version do you use? And after installing clover did you copy over '/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI' files from this thread or my repository?

I use on my guide Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c which is rehabmans fork and tends to be more stable. You can find it here https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover/downloads/

Perhaps there is some type of incompatibility if you use a different clover version

I've worked it out! It was the USB keyboard - a Mac one. I plugged in a Windows keyboard (HP) and it worked as it should.

The funny thing was that the Mac keyboard worked when booting from USB EFI but not from the SSD EFI (even though it was copied from the USB EFI).

I found this out when I turned off Secure Boot and it made me enter a PIN at boot for authorization. The MAC keyboard didn't work. After a frustrating hour, I found a Windows keyboard from storage and it worked!

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back