Contribute
Register

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 / HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I do not have access to the computer now but I have hackingtool screenshots for earlier this month. I attach it. connectors.stock are the unpatched, the other two are the patched.

I also

* use the latest BIOS: sp90164: HP EliteDesk 800 G2 TWR/SFF SystemBIOS (N01) / 02.36 Rev.A / Aug 13, 2018

* on BIOS: Option ROM Launch Policy: Configure Option ROM Launch Policy: ALL UEFI

You mentioned that at some point you have video coming out from both monitors. What changed now?

Check also @ github for the BIOS settings.

Attachments

• connectors.both.hpe242.png
    connectors.both.hpe242.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 197
  • connectors.both.hpe243i.png
    connectors.both.hpe243i.png
    143.7 KB · Views: 199
  • connectors.stock.png
    connectors.stock.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 208
Hello guys

I'm trying to install Mojave 10.14.3 on my HP 800G2 SFF.

I've taken the EFI posted on the thread and here is the config.list I used.
Each time during the install phase, I've got a crash/reboot before the end, at the beginning it was a POST ERROR Cmos on RTC .

I read the tread and check the 4 Fix IRQs check used by @pastrychef and its posted EFI , without success, got a reboot before ending the install.

Also tried the config.elitedesk800.plist, same result !

the FixRTC check just avoid the POST ERROR message but not the crash

Here is my hardware

HP 800G2 SFF bios v2.36
SSD SAMSUNG EVO 850 256GB
8GB RAM
Intel Core-I5 6500T
Intel 530 HD Graphics

any help will be appreciated

thanks !

Post your EFI folder from your usb and I’ll take a look and compare it to mine. I use a different one on the installer to what I run in Clover after install.

Take a look a few posts back at sakoula’s github. He has the correct bios settings on there.

If you are getting a crash try booting with the -v boot args. For some reason that’s got me past errors that not running -v has thrown up during install

Here it is

-v means verbose, right? it's already checked in config.plist
thanks @PaintArm2 !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.3 MB · Views: 197
@guy26 I looked into your EFI folder.

Ok i have since the last post booted from your latest efi on your GitHub and I’m still having the same issues with black screen. I believe it might be a monitor issue

@PaintArm2 I am having my machine turn on most of the time (24/7). Yesterday I had to reboot with two monitors on and when it was to the point that it tried to go to the login screen it just rebooted. So I had to boot with the one monitor on and then hotplug in the second one once in the login screen. This is not happening all the time. Usually I do not have any problem. What is your status with the multimonitor setup?

@sakoula I haven't tried dual screen booting since we last spoke about it. I have been running on my other rig instead. I have never known my EliteDesk to turn itself on. That is rather odd. It sounds like your dual screen is doing what mine was. I did notice that after a while the hotplug fix stopped working and would freeze up and reboot. I tried repatching after removing the edits from clover but nothing seemed to make it work. I don't need dual screen at the moment so its not an issue for me but it would have been nice to have it working how I wanted it to for future use or others on here

ok @guy26, I have attached a file that has both my USB EFI folder and my POST Install EFI folder. They are very different. Assuming you have followed @sakoula's information above then give this a shot.

First thing to do is to open both the USB config.plist and the POST Install config.plist and populate the SMBIOS. I have left this blank. If you are running the same hardware as me then you will want iMac 17,1. The way to populate this is to open the config.plist in clover configurator, Click SMBIOS on the right and then under the check coverage button you will see a button with 2 arrows. Click that and select the one using the closest hardware to your own. That will populate the SMBIOS. Next, you must be sure to click the generate new button under both Serial Number and SmUUID otherwise you will not be able to use iMessage, etc. A little caveat, whatever details you select for the USB config.plist must be the same for the POST install config.plist. Especially the Serial number, SmUUID and Board Serial Number.

The USB EFI is one that I first used to install Mojave and it hasn't let me down so I never bother updating it. Make your USB and just REPLACE the EFI folder on that with this one. With any luck your install issues will be gone and you should sail through the install process. It will reboot several times so don't worry and just let it happen. Make sure after the first reboot clover is booting from your SSD not the USB.

Once you have finished installing and are at the desktop I like to click finder at the top left, Preferences and then under General tick the box for Hard Drives. It makes it easier to get to the drives.

The POST Install EFI is the one that you will replace on your system once you have installed Mojave and Clover. As of now the latest build of clover is Build 4871 so make sure that's the one you install. Just install it and go to the EFI Partition it will mount and copy and REPLACE my EFI folder there.
Also, download Kext Beast and Kext Utility. Copy the kexts in the "Install these Kexts to Library\Extensions" folder to your desktop, not the folder. Run kext beast and tick ONLY Library\Extensions. This will install the necessary kexts required. Once you have done that run Kext Utility. That will repair your permissions.

Now you can reboot and should, fingers crossed, boot into Mojave without any issues

@sakoula, if you see I'm missing anything feel free to chime in

EDIT: I recommend installing from a USB 2 port as I found my installs were unsuccessful from USB 3 ports

EDIT 2: I have updated the attachment to not include my USBPorts.kext. Now uses USBInjectAll.kext so creation of your own USBPorts.kext or ssdt will be required post install. Follow this guide for more information on USBPorts.kext creation

Attachments

• EliteDesk 800 G2 EFI's and Kexts.zip
    49 MB · Views: 381
Last edited:
First post, just wanted to chime in with my success. I have a ProDesk 600 G2 SFF bought it for $100 bucks from a warehouse shutdown. Cleaned it up and have an 860 EVO installed. Not even that old of a machine, still a beast. I suspect these machines will start taking over the HP/Compaq pro's you see so often, and this thread is poppin' right now, so here's my story!

Originally followed guide with UniBeast and MultiBeast, but couldn't quite get it to successfully install. I went vanilla and all was installed fine. I used the EFI in the first post in this thread to get me up and running.

However, I could NOT get the iGPU to work - I tried all the kexts, all the FakeID's, etc. Black screens, distorted screens, etc. I saw it all. EDIT: the iGPU in my machine is Intel HD530. 530 seems to be nothing but trouble.

There's a Best Buy 4 minutes from me, so I hopped over there and found a GT 710 new for around $50 bucks. Cool. I followed a few more guides to NVIDIA drivers on 10.13.6, installing drivers, editing config.plist, and 2 kexts. Oh, and the secret key... disable "integrated graphics" in the HP BIOS.

And WOW does this run amazing! Fast, quiet, and surprisingly seems stable! Shutdown, sleep, etc works, for now... knock on wood. Waiting on USB Wifi nub (my current card isn't supported with HS anymore.)

If anyone with similar hardware has any issues, I am very inexperienced in Hackintosh-ing, but may be able to share what I did to get mine working!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back