Contribute
Register

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 / HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
@PaintArm2 thanks!!!! Can you please let me know which PSU you are using as well?

Thanks!

hey @sakoula, I've just had the time to look at your GitHub repo you linked previously. In regards to the RTC issue I found that ticking FixRTC under ACPI/Patches in Clover Configurator worked for me.

Also I followed the guide below to create USBPorts.kext and installed that to L\E\. Saved the need to run an SSDT. May be something you'll want to look at.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v1-8-0.254559/

Can you clarify what the SSDT's your using are doing? I am running none on my setup and everything seems smooth so far

Last edited:
hi @PaintArm2,

FixRTC has not worked for me. However I might have not checked it correctly. I will try again. Prior this hackintosh I have setup a skylake laptop as a hackintosh and many SSDTs are influenced from that. I am trying to learn.

* SSDT-RMCF is a general purpose DSL by Rehabman that is setting up some parameters used in other DSLs.
* In order to 'simulate' as close as possible a real skylake mac I have used: SSDT-SMBUS, SSDT-EC, SSDT-GPRW, SSDT-DMAC, SSDT-HPET, SSDT-MEM2, SSDT-PMCR, SSDT-LPC
* SSDT-PTSWAK is for fixing sleep/wakup (based on Rehabman's one)
* SSDT-XOSI the OS patch required
* SSDT-UIAC and SSDT-USBX are USB related. (I have used the 'older' guide from Rehabman for this) not the codeless kext that hackingtool produces.

I have included a 'compiled' DSDT.aml because there is an error on the DSDT itself which I fixed.

All the sources of the files are included in the github repo along with comments.

Check also this on many details: https://github.com/sakoula/HP-EliteDesk-800-G2-6700/blob/master/DETAILS.md

In general for me it seems much more stable now. For example prior using this configuration on shutdown the computer did not boot back again and I had to take off the power cable in order to be able to boot.

Do you run a similar config.plist ?

hi @PaintArm2,

FixRTC has not worked for me. However I might have not checked it correctly. I will try again. Prior this hackintosh I have setup a skylake laptop as a hackintosh and many SSDTs are influenced from that. I am trying to learn.

* SSDT-RMCF is a general purpose DSL by Rehabman that is setting up some parameters used in other DSLs.
* In order to 'simulate' as close as possible a real skylake mac I have used: SSDT-SMBUS, SSDT-EC, SSDT-GPRW, SSDT-DMAC, SSDT-HPET, SSDT-MEM2, SSDT-PMCR, SSDT-LPC
* SSDT-PTSWAK is for fixing sleep/wakup (based on Rehabman's one)
* SSDT-XOSI the OS patch required
* SSDT-UIAC and SSDT-USBX are USB related. (I have used the 'older' guide from Rehabman for this) not the codeless kext that hackingtool produces.

I have included a 'compiled' DSDT.aml because there is an error on the DSDT itself which I fixed.

All the sources of the files are included in the github repo along with comments.

Check also this on many details: https://github.com/sakoula/HP-EliteDesk-800-G2-6700/blob/master/DETAILS.md

In general for me it seems much more stable now. For example prior using this configuration on shutdown the computer did not boot back again and I had to take off the power cable in order to be able to boot.

Do you run a similar config.plist ?

When I still had my HP ProDesk 600 G2, I didn't need all those SSDTs to have a fully functional system.

Everything worked including:
IGPU
Sleep/Wake
Shutdown
Restart
USB (SSDT needed due to 15 port limit)
USB power (SSDT needed)
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
HEVC
Quick Sync
AirPlay mirroring

All of it was configured with just config.plist. I had some SSDTs but I was experimenting with populating System Information > PCI section. The only SSDTs that were needed were the ones to address USB 15 port limit and USB power injection.

The important thing was to apply the IRQ fix in config.plist or the system would randomly not boot in to macOS.

Here's my EFI as it was before I sold the computer.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33 MB · Views: 390
Hi @pastrychef , thanks for the reply and your EFI.zip . I will definitely use the IRQ fix (I assume you refer to the fixTMR) because I am experiencing the same reboots/kernelpanics randomly on boot.

As I wrote on the previous post my configuration was influenced based on a hackintosh skylake laptop that I did recently. The hotpatches I made based on the excellent guides that I have found in this forum are trying to 'simulate' a real mac as much as possible.

Hi @pastrychef , thanks for the reply and your EFI.zip . I will definitely use the IRQ fix (I assume you refer to the fixTMR) because I am experiencing the same reboots/kernelpanics randomly on boot.

As I wrote on the previous post my configuration was influenced based on a hackintosh skylake laptop that I did recently. The hotpatches I made based on the excellent guides that I have found in this forum are trying to 'simulate' a real mac as much as possible.

To enable IRQ fix in config.plist, enable FixHPET, FixIPIC, FixRTC, and FixTMR. You can also use config.plist to add MCHC if you like, but I'm not sure it's really needed.

Generally speaking, for Skylake and newer desktops, there isn't a need for SSDTs and/or DSDT. The only thing that really needs to be addressed with SSDT is the USB 15 port limit and USB power injection. I've done several Skylake builds, two Kaby Lake builds, and two Coffee Lake builds and have only ever used SSDTs for USB.

On the few laptops that I've hacked, DSDT was unavoidable to get full functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back