Contribute
Register

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 / HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just pulled the SSD out of the adapter and what do you know, the light is still red...so as you suspected there’s likely something wrong with the card (or the SSD). I guess now I have to decide whether to try to get another adapter or just abandon this SSD...

Thanks again.

I have an Early 2013 Macbook Pro with a broken motherboard..... but the SSD in there is still good... i would like to know if theres a way i can get it to work with my EliteDesk 800 G2.... I was thinking of buying this external case https://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/MAU3ENVYPROO/ but i read online that booting from a Macbook SSD is not possible on any other system... so i want to know if Booting Clover from another drive then selecting MacOS From the SSD in the OWC Envoy Pro Case will work... or is there a Better Pci to Sata Card option for this type of SSD... Thanks in Advance... Picture of the SSD and OWC Envoy Pro Portable USB 3.0 SSD Enclosure Are attached....

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 132
  • owc_envoypro_gall1.jpg
    owc_envoypro_gall1.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I have an Early 2013 Macbook Pro with a broken motherboard..... but the SSD in there is still good... i would like to know if theres a way i can get it to work with my EliteDesk 800 G2.... I was thinking of buying this external case https://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/MAU3ENVYPROO/ but i read online that booting from a Macbook SSD is not possible on any other system... so i want to know if Booting Clover from another drive then selecting MacOS From the SSD in the OWC Envoy Pro Case will work... or is there a Better Pci to Sata Card option for this type of SSD... Thanks in Advance... Picture of the SSD and OWC Envoy Pro Portable USB 3.0 SSD Enclosure Are attached....

This card may work for you:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cablecc-PC...em285ebaf34c:g:eek:r4AAOSwjiFbOCn4:rk:30:pf:0

Be sure to check the part number of your MBP to what is listed.

Be aware that this card is a PCI-e x4 card. The adaptor can be made to work in a PCI-e x1 slot with adaptors like this or hacks like this. I have used both methods in the past and both work equally well.

Everything is working, I'm really happy but I tried to plug a second monitor on the other DP port and it doesn't seems to be seen by the system. All is good on the first but no signal on the second.

My PCIe SSD story continues. I got reimbursed for the Apple-specific PCIe card, and tried a new route: a little Apple-specific M.2 adapter + a generic M.2 PCIe card (I thought at least I could use this for another SSD if necessary). Installing the MacBook Air SSD now I see absolutely *no* sign of life -- no LEDs on either the M.2 adapter or the PCIe card, and of course the SSD is not recognized in BIOS or by the OS.

So I guess the evidence points to the SSD itself being bad, but I find this hard to believe because I'm told the MacBook was working fine apart from a power issue. I might try some more BIOS settings before giving up -- any thoughts welcome.

My PCIe SSD story continues. I got reimbursed for the Apple-specific PCIe card, and tried a new route: a little Apple-specific M.2 adapter + a generic M.2 PCIe card (I thought at least I could use this for another SSD if necessary). Installing the MacBook Air SSD now I see absolutely *no* sign of life -- no LEDs on either the M.2 adapter or the PCIe card, and of course the SSD is not recognized in BIOS or by the OS.

So I guess the evidence points to the SSD itself being bad, but I find this hard to believe because I'm told the MacBook was working fine apart from a power issue. I might try some more BIOS settings before giving up -- any thoughts welcome.

Does BIOS see it? If it doesn't even show up in BIOS, it might just be dead...

Indeed, BIOS does not see it. So I guess either:
1. I've got some critical setting wrong,
2. I've been sold two bad adapter cards in a row, or
3. The SSD is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back