Contribute
Register

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 / HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify. You don't have a discrete graphics card and are only using the HD 530, correct?

I can barely make it out but it seems to crash at IGPU... Don't know why...
Yes I just have the integrated graphic card. I really don’t understand why it crash !

Yes I just have the integrated graphic card. I really don’t understand why it crash !

How is your monitor connected to the computer?

It’s on the first DP port. I use a dp to hdmi câble to the monitor

It’s on the first DP port. I use a dp to hdmi câble to the monitor

DisplayPort should be fine...

Did you set the memory size to 64MB or higher?

Last edited:
DisplayPort should be fine...

Did you set the memory size to 64MB or higher?

I find the fix ! I have 2 DP ports so I used the other one and with a real DP to DP câble and it works !!!

Thanks for your help ! :)

Just one question : which m2 card would you recommend for WiFi/BT ?

I find the fix ! I have 2 DP ports so I used the other one and with a real DP to DP câble and it works !!!

Thanks for your help ! :)

Just one question : which m2 card would you recommend for WiFi/BT ?

Please see this post for M.2 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth.

Thanks for all the great information here, hope you don't mind if I jump in on a slightly different topic.

I just got a HP EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF with Windows 10 and am planning to follow this thread for Mojave eventually. However, I want to use a 2013 MacBook Air PCIe SSD (Toshiba 256GB, apparently AHCI, *not* NVMe) in the 4X PCIe slot. I bought a PCIe adapter card on eBay and everything seems to fit fine (I get a red light on the PCIe card, not sure if that's good or bad but at least I know power is getting there). However I cannot see this drive in either the BIOS (updated to latest July 2018 version), or in Windows (Disk Manager only shows the Windows SATA disk). I've tried a bunch of BIOS settings, changing the PCIe slot, and disconnecting the SATA disk -- nothing works.

I've been bouncing around a lot of posts all over the place and have posted on the HP forum, just wondering if anyone here might be able to point me in the right direction. Many thanks in advance.

Thanks for all the great information here, hope you don't mind if I jump in on a slightly different topic.

I just got a HP EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF with Windows 10 and am planning to follow this thread for Mojave eventually. However, I want to use a 2013 MacBook Air PCIe SSD (Toshiba 256GB, apparently AHCI, *not* NVMe) in the 4X PCIe slot. I bought a PCIe adapter card on eBay and everything seems to fit fine (I get a red light on the PCIe card, not sure if that's good or bad but at least I know power is getting there). However I cannot see this drive in either the BIOS (updated to latest July 2018 version), or in Windows (Disk Manager only shows the Windows SATA disk). I've tried a bunch of BIOS settings, changing the PCIe slot, and disconnecting the SATA disk -- nothing works.

I've been bouncing around a lot of posts all over the place and have posted on the HP forum, just wondering if anyone here might be able to point me in the right direction. Many thanks in advance.

I've used one of these adaptors myself when I first transitioned from my Mac Pro to hackintosh. It just worked once it was plugged in. I didn't have to do anything in BIOS. I suspect that your adaptor may be defective.

AHCI is fine. I used an old Apple SSUBX SSD for a pretty long time without any problems. I don't expect you to have any problems with it either... Once you get a working PCI-e adaptor, that is...

Thanks for the lightning fast reply!

Yes I was worried that either the (admittedly cheap) adapter was bad, or worse that the SSD might be broken. Which adapter do you recommend, and was it bootable? My model THNSN2256GSPS Toshiba is "generation 3"; I gather the SSUBX is gen 4 so not sure if that might also make a difference...

Thanks for the lightning fast reply!

Yes I was worried that either the (admittedly cheap) adapter was bad, or worse that the SSD might be broken. Which adapter do you recommend, and was it bootable? My model THNSN2256GSPS Toshiba is "generation 3"; I gather the SSUBX is gen 4 so not sure if that might also make a difference...

I just got an el cheapo adaptor from eBay and it worked.

Gen 3 or gen 4 shouldn't make any difference. Gen 4 is just a bit faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back