Contribute
Register

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 / HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I used your efi to get my Elitedesk 800 G2 running 10.13.6. I did away with VodooHDA and CodecCommander Kexts for audio.

If you inject audio ID 3 with ResetHDA and AFGLowPowerState ticked it gives you native audio via AppleHDA with the lilu and appleALC Kexts you already have in the efi. Mine is showing audio over DisplayPort with no issues

As far as I know, these systems use Realtek ALC221. According to AppleALC's "supported codecs" page, ALC221 should be audio-id 11.

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.43.06 AM.png

Last edited:
Yeh layout 11 works also. My config was already on 3 and fired up the DP audio perfectly. Unfortunately I don’t have use of any of the jacks though on 3 or 11

HDMI audio and DisplayPort audio are handled by WhateverGreen, not AppleALC.

Hey I used your efi to get my Elitedesk 800 G2 running 10.13.6. I did away with VodooHDA and CodecCommander Kexts for audio.

If you inject audio ID 3 with ResetHDA and AFGLowPowerState ticked it gives you native audio via AppleHDA with the lilu and appleALC Kexts you already have in the efi. Mine is showing audio over DisplayPort with no issues

Please can you help me with getting native audio working..... Don't know where to get those setting after opening my config.plist .

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hp-elitedesk-800-g2-hp-prodesk-600-g2-success.261452

I just tried that and it didn't work .... No Audio now.... and also I tried updating lilu , whatevergreen and AppleALC through clover configurator and deleting IntelGraphicsFixup and Shiki but it booted to No signal screen..Do I need to change my boot Args after deleting them?..... Don't know if I'm doing something wrong but can someone please fix the config.plist or better yet fix the whole EFI Folder and upload it so I try that thanks.....

I will upload my EFI folder. REPLACE yours with that on your EFI partition and see if it boots. Make sure you have a backup on your usb in case mine doesn’t allow you to boot

I have an EliteDesk 800 G2 also so I don’t see why it wouldn’t boot

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.1 MB · Views: 404
I will upload my EFI folder. REPLACE yours with that on your EFI partition and see if it boots. Make sure you have a backup on your usb in case mine doesn’t allow you to boot

I have an EliteDesk 800 G2 also so I don’t see why it wouldn’t boot

Thanks in Advance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back