Contribute
Register

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 / HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SUCCESS

pastrychef, do you happen to know if your Apple SSD was manufactured by Toshiba? I read that Samsung, SanDisk and Toshiba all made these Apple SSDs, but I've noticed that several adapters out there exclude the Toshibas for some reason; for example:
Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 10.11.53 AM.png
So I wonder if there might be a firmware issue that is causing the SSD to be undetected by the BIOS. Unfortunately, I can find pretty much nothing about these Toshiba THNSN2256GSPS SSDs -- no specs, no updates, no firmware.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
pastrychef, do you happen to know if your Apple SSD was manufactured by Toshiba? I read that Samsung, SanDisk and Toshiba all made these Apple SSDs, but I've noticed that several adapters out there exclude the Toshibas for some reason; for example:
View attachment 361031
So I wonder if there might be a firmware issue that is causing the SSD to be undetected by the BIOS. Unfortunately, I can find pretty much nothing about these Toshiba THNSN2256GSPS SSDs -- no specs, no updates, no firmware.
I had a Samsung.

I think what that chart is listing are the SSDs with certain types of connectors. None should be any more or any less compatible. You can read more about it here.
https://beetstech.com/blog/apple-proprietary-ssd-ultimate-guide-to-specs-and-upgrades

Thanks for the reply.
Yes that article is quite helpful, and apparently the Samsungs, SanDisks and Toshibas have all been found in the same Apple models, so I assume they all had the same connectors.
I'm just grasping for any last hope before giving up on this SSD!

Motherboard
HP 800 G2 Elitedesk
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
HD 530
i have an elitedesk 800 G2. fully working with dual display.
my efi is added. need to run agdpfix for dual monitor after each update
would like to have my third monitor, vga, working, not able to so far

Attachments

Last edited:

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
VGA hasn't been supported by macOS in a long, long time.

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 Aorus
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
***FIXED***

Hey guys. Has anyone managed to get the sd card header to work and be recognised? I want to use it as a usb header for my WiFi/Bluetooth card. I had it show up once for the Bluetooth but subsequently disappeared after a reboot. I made a custom ssdt for the usbs but after reboot it doesn’t show anymore.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 800 G2 Elitedesk
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
HD 530
latest update 10.14.2 beta 4- got black screen on update. clover was accessed and removed configuration, with flags was able to boot to single monitor, replaced with previous clover folder booted, ran agpfix and booted normally. first time an update messes with my clover. dual screen once again functioning.

Just in case anyone finds their way here regarding getting Toshiba SSDs from Apple to work in an HP Elitedesk 800 G2, I am happy to say that this M.2 PCIe adapter:

For XP941 M6e 960 Adapter NVME AHCI SSD To PCI-E 3.0 16x X4 Convenient Super

coupled with this Apple-to-M.2 adapter:

New M.2 NGFF X4 Adapter Card To 2013 2014 2015 Apple MacBook Air A1465 A1466 SSD

worked for me. I have no idea why, when the previous two adapters I tried (see thread above) did not, but with this combination the Toshiba SSD is detected and bootable.