Contribute
Register

HP Elitebook X360 1030 G3 losing sound only when unplugged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
2560p
CPU
i5
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Hey guys has anyone come across this issue?

I have sound working fine on this Hackintosh Laptop. Sound comes through AppleALC.kext, this laptop has a Conexant CX8400 and the only layout id I can use for it is 12.

However what causes this issue? When running on Battery if I play anything I start with no sound, if I click on head phones and then speakers I get sound for like 15 seconds and then it goes silence again. However if it's plugged in to power this does not happen.

I have tried different versions of AppleALC.kext and it makes no difference

***Update***

Using OpenCore here

Decided to disable the SSDT-BAT.aml and guess what sound works fine on battery through the built-in speakers

This sucks since the big issue I had before was with the battery indicator not showing and this aml file worked for it but is breaking the sound when on battery.

I have tried and have failed to create the SSDT-Bat.aml using my own virgin DSDT.aml as every version of MaciASL gives errors when compiling after applying one of the patches from here https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/tree/master/battery

Unfortunately my model of laptop is not there either

Any ideas guys?

Last edited:
I have the same issue with my Zbook G5 17, same CX8400 and same behavior. Only the speaker device is affected, and the OS is unaware of any problems, nothing on logs suggest there is a problem and as far as the system is concerned, there should be audio coming out, but there isn't. I tried and built AppleALC with different options/layouts disabling DSP, etc... and nothing, same problem, so I don't think the problem is with the audio codec or AppleALC or AppleHDA, but I believe this problem either involves the Embedded Controller or the SMC-Battery.

VoodooHDA works correctly as an alternative.

Hey guys.
Same problem here with my Acer laptop. Any news on this?
I agree this may be a embedded controller issue, people has been confirmed no errors on AppleALC for CX8400.
@theroadw, VoodooHDA works for every audio port to you? (mic, speakers, phones)
Using it makes my laptop speakers work but cuts off microphone.

Hey guys.
Same problem here with my Acer laptop. Any news on this?
I agree this may be a embedded controller issue, people has been confirmed no errors on AppleALC for CX8400.
@theroadw, VoodooHDA works for every audio port to you? (mic, speakers, phones)
Using it makes my laptop speakers work but cuts off microphone.
It works in my case, the only thing that doesn't work is the external mic input using combo jack.
Also the very first sound that the speaker outputs after boot is at a louder volume than any following sounds. (looks like the saved volume level setting takes a second to kick in)
But other than that I get auto headphone-speaker switch on plug, and built in mic, and good quality audio overall.

As for the CX8400 and AppleALC, I believe that a power saving state change on battery/sleep is triggering something in the embedded controller if AppleHDA is using the CX8400 chip and it changes/corrupts the EC memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back