Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 560
Hi
I already have a working desktop hackintosh, now i was thinking of buying a used HP laptop to make a macbook :D
I found a Probook HP 4530s and an Elitebook 8560p. Similar but the Elitebook is superior (already has a SSD,better materials,better screen,support docking station). both are used.
What about compatibility with Mountain Lion?
I know that HP 4530s is 90% compatible (most of the things works flawlessly)
What about Elitebooks? I did not find many info about 8560p...anyone has already installed on it?

Many thanks

Buy an 8560W with Quadro 1000M is an all working laptop except wifi.

Buy an 8560W with Quadro 1000M is an all working laptop except wifi.
compatible wi-fi module is cheap and should be easy to change.
problem is that the 8560W model is a mobile workstation and is way over my budget.
Can't find any used ones under 1000€ :(

EDIT: Found one @900€
with the 1000M

I guess you have the 8560W. I read that 2 things won't work :VGA out and wi-fi, not a big prob.
Does the touchpad work like a macbook one?

Hi!

I have just sold my 8560w, mine has Quadro 2000M (very hard to get working, but it does with dsdt), i had a Precision with quadro 1000M that works fine with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Wifi doesn´t work, i bought on eBay another card (Atheros, the only one that HP Bios accept) and MacOs recognized it but doesn´t see any network, so i recommend you to use a Usb wireless adapter.

Touchpad works great with Voodoo.

I really recommend you a 8560w and if it has Dreamcolor display you will love that one. The only two things i really HATE about this laptop are WEIGHT and Bios restriction (whitelist for wireless), but when you use a Workstation laptop, the other laptops just sucks (slow slow slow slow slow slow render) ;D

Hi!

I have just sold my 8560w, mine has Quadro 2000M (very hard to get working, but it does with dsdt), i had a Precision with quadro 1000M that works fine with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Wifi doesn´t work, i bought on eBay another card (Atheros, the only one that HP Bios accept) and MacOs recognized it but doesn´t see any network, so i recommend you to use a Usb wireless adapter.

Touchpad works great with Voodoo.

I really recommend you a 8560w and if it has Dreamcolor display you will love that one. The only two things i really HATE about this laptop are WEIGHT and Bios restriction (whitelist for wireless), but when you use a Workstation laptop, the other laptops just sucks (slow slow slow slow slow slow render) ;D

:lol: u have convinced me.
I have found a 8560W @ 700€
Do you think is it worth buying it at this price?
It has the 1000M quadro, i7 and 8gb of ram.
I know, weight is the only problem, but I will use it mostly @ home. Plus: it supports the docking station.

So any other wi-fi card won't work :(
i will search better if i'll but it. thanks for the answer :thumbup:

other questions
- does OS X have a better DPI management than win7 ? i mean like retina display, u've a very high resolution monitor but the size of icons text n all seem like it's a 1600x900 (just saying). can u do the same on this elitebook?
- usb 3.0 ? works good? on my desktop hackintosh they don't work
- how many fingers the touchpad recognise?

I know that HP 4530s is 90% compatible (most of the things works flawlessly)
What about Elitebooks? I did not find many info about 8560p...anyone has already installed on it?

Many thanks

Installing ML on a HP 4530s is a piece of cake with all the information you can find here. I got my ProBook cheap on a auction site, installed more RAM, a second harddrive in the drive bay, upgraded the display to Full HD and the CPU to an i7. Everthing works like charm.
What could I ask more - and the system totally rocks. Alltogether I didn't spend more than 500 bucks.
I was fiddling around with installing ML on an Elitebook (don't remember the exact model) which I had around for some days a view month ago and found it more convincing to go with the ProBook.
Actually I didn't see the point of spending more than twice as much and than solving all the issues with the Elitebook.
Just my two cents.

Installing ML on a HP 4530s is a piece of cake with all the information you can find here. I got my ProBook cheap on a auction site, installed more RAM, a second harddrive in the drive bay, upgraded the display to Full HD and the CPU to an i7. Everthing works like charm.
What could I ask more - and the system totally rocks. Alltogether I didn't spend more than 500 bucks.
I was fiddling around with installing ML on an Elitebook (don't remember the exact model) which I had around for some days a view month ago and found it more convincing to go with the ProBook.
Actually I didn't see the point of spending more than twice as much and than solving all the issues with the Elitebook.
Just my two cents.

you are right. but i cannot find any 4530s @less than 350€. to have the same conf i would spend another 300€ minimum. plus elitebook is much professional and has 3 years of warranty. has a better video card and IT supports the docking station too.
here guys are tellin me that the 8560w(the one i've found at 700€) works well.apart from WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back