Contribute
Register

HP EliteBook Folio 9470m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t understand why they not appears everytime on boot… I don't know how but old kext loaded from /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder from main harddrive! There is no other way! Because now I boot from usb flashdrive. I will try to replace this kexts with latest, but now I don't use Clover for boot BigSur. I was using Clover for Mojave booting and it is very old version.

Thank you for help again.

yahgoo, thank you for share your EFI folders! I just successfully installed BigSur on same HP 9470m. But then I have randomly boot problems with random last message. But this errors appeares only when I'm trying to boot into BigSur. Recovery boots every time without any problem! Next I found that when I choose Enable (Disable) Sip in boot menu of OpenCore BigSur boot without issues. But next time boot option for Sip resets to default, so I can't boot again. I'm newbie in OpenCore so, could somebody help with that problem? Thank you!
As the legendary RehabMan said: No "Problem Reporting" files attached. Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output." :lol:

What is your display resolution? Mine is 1600x900
What is your wifi NIC?

@1Revenger1 @P1LGRIM I chose iMac16,1 as SMBIOS in order to spoof macOS Monterey for installation because iMac16,1 is closest to my CPU i7-3687U and MacBookPro11,1 is not supported by macOS Monterey.

@1Revenger1 Thanks for your awesome ECEnabler.kext

I just upgraded 9470m to oc 0.7.3 https://github.com/yahgoo/Hackintosh-HP-9470m-Opencore-Big-Sur without any problem.

Screenshot 2021-09-03 at 2.10.06 PM.png

Last edited:
I have not updated my 9470m to Monterey 12.0.1 because the latest OCLP v0.7.5 does not allow me to pick my system volume to patch for ivy bridge.
But you can download the EFI n update the kexts n test it on usb flash drive.
It should work.

Thank you! I will try it soon! I want to ask you: why are you using FakeSMC.kext not VirtualSMC.kext? Official guide recommended using VirtualSMC, but I can't boot with it (sorry I'm not having screenshots of error now). But with your configuration (with some modification, because I have Atheros WiFi without Bluetooth) BigSur boots without issues (EFI.zip in attachment). With same configuration I can't boot into Montherey installer. Maybe it happens because of my wrong bios configuration? Could you please provide a correct one?

With iMac16,1 in config.plist Monthrey installer can't booted with this message.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 107
  • photo_2021-10-31_23-03-20.jpg
    photo_2021-10-31_23-03-20.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 74
  • config.plist
    38.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Thank you! I will try it soon! I want to ask you: why are you using FakeSMC.kext not VirtualSMC.kext? Official guide recommended using VirtualSMC, but I can't boot with it (sorry I'm not having screenshots of error now). But with your configuration (with some modification, because I have Atheros WiFi without Bluetooth) BigSur boots without issues (EFI.zip in attachment). With same configuration I can't boot into Montherey installer. Maybe it happens because of my wrong bios configuration? Could you please provide a correct one?

With iMac16,1 in config.plist Monthrey installer can't booted with this message.
I used FakeSMC.kext because my 9470m can't boot with virtualSMC.kext
What is the error that you have when you boot on Monterey? Can you screenshot it? Have you disable VT-d on your bios?

@Feartech I tried many OC versions from v0.7.3 onwards in order to install macOS Monterey 12.3 on HP 9470m but to no avail. macOS USB installer can only boot with OC v0.7.2

IMG_5675.PNG

IMG_5673.JPG

IMG_5677.JPG

What is "OC: ReleaseUSBOwnership - Not Found"? How should I troubleshoot this? Please guide me.

Last edited:
@Feartech Thanks. I solved it

TL;DR I successfully clean installed my HP9470m to Monterey 12.3.1. But apps like WhatsApp and VS Code crashed as shown below and battery management is not working.

Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 2.45.47 PM.png

One step forward, two steps back.
So, I clean installed Monterey 12.2.1 instead.
Checkout Working EFI

HP9470m Monterey 12-2-1 iPad Mini 6 Purple.png

This laptop with SMBIOS iMac16,1 cannot be upgraded to Monterey 12.2.1 with OC 0.7.2. It always stuck with a prompt that “a required firmware update could not be installed” during installation. Strangely, it cannot boot up with a usb installer with OC 0.7.3 and above.

After reading the successful installation of Monterey and Big Sur by @Sirsasana and @Robbish respectively on their ivy bridge desktop, I decided to tinker it by changing SMBIOS to iMac17,1 which was selected by @Sirsasana
I noticed that the latest genSMBIOS gathers macserial info from OC 0.7.9

So I updated the USB installer with OC 0.7.9 and kexts. I was delighted that it can boot as iMac17,1 with VirtualSMC.kext. My previous Monterey beta installation required FakeSMC.kext in order to boot.

Rename Monterey System Volume name with Disk Utility. According to @miliuco, the workaround is to install Intel Power Gadget in order to update both the OC boot menu entry and the preboot volume with new name.

@Feartech Thanks. I solved it

TL;DR I successfully clean installed my HP9470m to Monterey 12.3.1. But apps like WhatsApp and VS Code crashed as shown below and battery management is not working.

View attachment 545485

One step forward, two steps back.
So, I clean installed Monterey 12.2.1 instead.
Checkout Working EFI

View attachment 545484

This laptop with SMBIOS iMac16,1 cannot be upgraded to Monterey 12.2.1 with OC 0.7.2. It always stuck with a prompt that “a required firmware update could not be installed” during installation. Strangely, it cannot boot up with a usb installer with OC 0.7.3 and above.

After reading the successful installation of Monterey and Big Sur by @Sirsasana and @Robbish respectively on their ivy bridge desktop, I decided to tinker it by changing SMBIOS to iMac17,1 which was selected by @Sirsasana
I noticed that the latest genSMBIOS gathers macserial info from OC 0.7.9

So I updated the USB installer with OC 0.7.9 and kexts. I was delighted that it can boot as iMac17,1 with VirtualSMC.kext. My previous Monterey beta installation required FakeSMC.kext in order to boot.

Rename Monterey System Volume name with Disk Utility. According to @miliuco, the workaround is to install Intel Power Gadget in order to update both the OC boot menu entry and the preboot volume with new name.
iMac16,1 and iMac17,1 are for desktops, not laptops

also desktops don't have battery's so that wouldn't work....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back