Contribute
Register

HP Elitebook Folio 1020 and DW1820a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Brcm4360 patches are you referring to?
Six patch in the config.plist which provided by your git repo.

Using a newer iasl to recompile files can result in different binary code due to new iasl compiler optimizations.
So how do I remove _SB.PCI0.RP04.WNIC correctly?
Disassemble OEM ACPI, remove the code, compile it, put DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched? Or put all recompiled DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml in ACPI/patched?
If only put DSDT.aml, does new iasl compiled DSDT.aml can works with OEM compiled SSDT?

Also, do I need update the two DSDT patches corresponding two new binary aml code?

PS: It still panic, after I remove WNIC. So what is the correct way to remove WNIC?
I also setup an debug Environment on my ubuntu, and compile acpica source. Does `acpiexec' is helpful for debug?

Last edited:
Six patch in the config.plist which provided by your git repo.

Your hardware is native. No need for any patches.
(you can use FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext for Airport branding).

Disassemble OEM ACPI, remove the code, compile it, put DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched? Or put all recompiled DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml in ACPI/patched?

Only the patch to DSDT is needed.

If only put DSDT.aml, does new iasl compiled DSDT.aml can works with OEM compiled SSDT?

Yes. If only that single change is made...
Rename patches are another thing, but avoid that during this test.
Remain focused.

Also, do I need update the two DSDT patches corresponding two new binary aml code?

No need for other patching for this test.
Your goal is not a 100% working system. Goal is only to see if you can boot without panic with a minimal patch.

PS: It still panic, after I remove WNIC. So what is the correct way to remove WNIC?

Need to see what you're actually doing.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Only the patch to DSDT is needed.
What is mean 'Only the patch to DSDT' when remove WNIC? Using a rename patch make `WNIC' to 'XNIC'? Or something else?

What is mean 'Only the patch to DSDT' when remove WNIC? Using a rename patch make `WNIC' to 'XNIC'? Or something else?

Read post #28.

Read post #28.
If I do not mis understand: Extract OEM ACPI, disassemble it correctly, fix error, remove the code post in #28, compile it using your version of iasl, then put DSDT.aml to ACPI/patched. (Do not need care the two patch corresponding to new binary aml code)

If above step is right, the result is:
Remove WNIC, still panic.
Remove whole RP04, still panic.

If it is necessary, I will post the file requested by 'Problem Reporting'.

If I do not mis understand: Extract OEM ACPI, disassemble it correctly, fix error, remove the code post in #28, compile it using your version of iasl, then put DSDT.aml to ACPI/patched. (Do not need care the two patch corresponding to new binary aml code)

If above step is right, the result is:
Remove WNIC, still panic.
Remove whole RP04, still panic.

It is not possible for me to know if you're doing what was asked without "Problem Reporting" files.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

It is not possible for me to know if you're doing what was asked without "Problem Reporting" files.

This time result: After remove WNIC, it is no panic.
But I am SURE, before several hours ago, I do the same test, many times, it still panic. I will try to repeat that panic.
So, does ACPI has a mechanism like kernelcache, which affect current boot by previous computer status? I suspect this time no panic was affected by other factors.
Or, previous panic after remove WNIC was affected by other factors.
Or, panic happens randomly.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
This time result: After remove WNIC, it is no panic.
But I am SURE, before several hours ago, I do the same test, many times, it still panic. I will try to repeat that panic.
So, does ACPI has a mechanism like kernelcache, which affect current boot by previous computer status? I suspect this time no panic was affected by other factors.
Or, previous panic after remove WNIC was affected by other factors.
Or, panic happens randomly.

If the fix of removing WNIC holds true/consistent, the next step is to start eliminating only parts of WNIC to see which part is causing the problem.
I would start by eliminating only the _PRR method:
Code:
                    Name (_PRR, Package (0x01)  // _PRR: Power Resource for Reset
                    {
                        WRST
                    })

If the fix of removing WNIC holds true/consistent, the next step is to start eliminating only parts of WNIC to see which part is causing the problem.
I would start by eliminating only the _PRR method:
Code:
                    Name (_PRR, Package (0x01)  // _PRR: Power Resource for Reset
                    {
                        WRST
                    })
Remove WNIC no panic (I only test several times), but wifi icon in the status bar shows wifi off. It is cannot power on. But, I think this test it to eliminate panic.
Now remove WNIC._PRR. No panic, same result as remove WNIC. (wifi cannot power on)

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 54
Remove WNIC no panic (I only test several times), but wifi icon in the status bar shows wifi off. It is cannot power on. But, I think this test it to eliminate panic.
Now remove WNIC._PRR. No panic, same result as remove WNIC. (wifi cannot power on)

Turn device on in Windows, restart into macOS/OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back