HP EliteBook 9470m (Clover)
CPU
i7 - 3667U / QM77
Graphics
HD 4000, 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys!

Just bought a Folio 9470M, and had quite a lot of success installing it by strictly following RehabMan's GUIDE.

About the machine:
2 x 4Gb 1600Mhz DDR3
120Gb M.2 SSD
240Gb SATA SSD
BCM94352HMB (17.16.16. - Replaced Post Install, booted without caches, rebuilt, few restart, and WiFi/BT works)
Jack works as Headphone out (Layout ID = 12 atm, but 3, 0, and 13 gave same results)
SD Card Reader OK
USB's seem OK [100MB/s read/write on USB3 ext HDD]

[EDIT]
I've originally created this topic to address an issue caused by my neglecting of the fact that I've been trying alternate methods to get Audio working, other than the one mentioned in the Guide by RehabMan. Below, if anyone is interested, can read what happened so far.

I'm intending to keep this topic open while I'm, or anyone else is using this model, and has interest in sharing his or her experiences while using it under MaOS / Mac OS X. Future updates, and possibly future custom kexts, patching method will allow us to use even more of the functionality. I have not tested them all, but will do, as well as getting a docking station for it, as it will be my main work laptop.

"However, I can't get sound to work, even when I do, it brakes after restart. I've attached ProblemReporting files from both case, it looks like, AppleHDA falls out of cache, and not being patched? Tried pre_patch_hda as well, with no success.

Falling back to VoodooHDA. Any suggestions?

Last setup has Vanilla AppleHDA, layout and other patches in config.plist, and aDummyHDA.kext in /S/L/E..
I've tried HDAEnabler (3 and 13) in clover kext, instead of hot patching, and even simultaneously.

It worked a few times after rebuilding caches, but always broke upon restart.

[EDIT] Despite my anticipation, VoodooHDA seems to be quite stable, internal mic works (luck or well known old hardware?).
However, if possible, I'd prefer to use Hotpatch, and vanilla appleHDA.kext. This laptop has only a few custom kexts on the hard drive (the ones installed by install_downloads.sh)

[EDIT] After trying several methods, ended up installing Sierra 10.12.5, (following RehabMan's Probook Guide), resolved ssdt issue by using beta branch ssdtPRGen with -c 2 args, installed VoodooHDA with plist edit for VolumeControl and Mute, so far so good, sound quality and volume seems OK. Any recommendation in the direction of using a clover patch though, and aDummyHDA is welcome.

Maybe, someone has a proper clover config.plist, thats based on RehabMans 9x70m config file, and contains the fixes for AppleHDA, and a aDummyHDA.kext? I haven't had success with CloverALC, or AppleHDA Patcher 1.8 either. AppleHDA.kext loads, but no output device, the problem reporting below should be similar to what happens, but will make new ones when I have time.

Bluetooth doesn't work atm, don't know if its present on the MOBO or the HalfMini PCI-E BRCM94225 I've put in, doesn't concern me atm, but will check at some point.
HomeWork done for now."

You might just ignore the small letters, and make sure, that you have a perfectly vanilla installation, with all factory kexts in place before running the necessary scripts written for this very model, then it just... works. Follow the Probook/Elitebook Guide.

Attachments

• ProblemReporting_nonWorkingAudio.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 93
  • ProblemReporting_WorkingAudio.zip
    3 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Hey, if you are referring to this topic, I have no problem installing this topic:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-668#post-1532829. I think it is easy to ignore the installation of clover, I test too many models, can be normal operation. In addition the BIOS settings to see if the sound option is disabled.

I don't quite understand what you mean. By ignoring clover, you mean, install a patched appleHDA into /s/l/e?

I do want to avoid that, to make it as update-proof as possible.

You quoted my question about an other laptop, the 2170p, I assume its offtopic here, while chipset might be the same, the problem is audio atm.

This topic is about an HP EliteBook Folio 9470m [i7 3667U, qm77, 92HD91BXX, although an other source mentioned other codec.] Anyone has the same machine?

Last edited:
Hey Guys!

Just bought a Folio 9470M, and had quite a lot of success installing it.

However, I can't get sound to work, even when I do, it brakes after restart. I've attached ProblemReporting files from both case, it looks like, AppleHDA falls out of cache, and not being patched? Tried pre_patch_hda as well, with no success.

Falling back to VoodooHDA. Any suggestions?

Last setup has Vanilla AppleHDA, layout and other patches in config.plist, and aDummyHDA.kext in /S/L/E..
I've tried HDAEnabler (3 and 13) in clover kext, instead of hot patching, and even simultaneously.

It worked a few times after rebuilding caches, but always broke upon restart.

[EDIT] Despite my anticipation, VoodooHDA seems to be quite stable, internal mic works (luck or well known old hardware?).
However, if possible, I'd prefer to use Hotpatch, and vanilla appleHDA.kext. This laptop has only a few custom kexts on the hard drive (the ones installed by install_downloads.sh)

[EDIT] After trying several methods, ended up installing Sierra 10.12.5, (following RehabMan's Probook Guide), resolved ssdt issue by using beta branch ssdtPRGen with -c 2 args, installed VoodooHDA with plist edit for VolumeControl and Mute, so far so good, sound quality and volume seems OK. Any recommendation in the direction of using a clover patch though, and aDummyHDA is welcome.

Maybe, someone has a proper clover config.plist, thats based on RehabMans 9x70m config file, and contains the fixes for AppleHDA, and a aDummyHDA.kext? I haven't had success with CloverALC, or AppleHDA Patcher 1.8 either. AppleHDA.kext loads, but no output device, the problem reporting below should be similar to what happens, but will make new ones when I have time.

Bluetooth doesn't work atm, don't know if its present on the MOBO or the HalfMini PCI-E BRCM94225 I've put in, doesn't concern me atm, but will check at some point.
HomeWork done for now.

Your laptop has a guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Yes, and I'm very thankful for that. However, it did only work with VoodooHDA on this machine for me.
Actually, I did manage to make it work with AppleHDA a few times, thats where my problem report files are from, but it always broke on the next restart. Problem Reporting attached for that too in Post 1.

I will read through every possibility about AppleHDA once again, however, if I understood it correctly, having a patched config.plist (audio ID, 2 zeroing patches, 1 for codec), and an aDummyHDA.kext in /S/L/E, it should work, right?

Ive tried clover patch + aDummyHDA.kext,
patched AppleHDA
CloverHDA
prebuilt files from your guide.

Like I said, this is the only thing (besides Bluetooth, but I'm not sure I have it, and I don't really care) that is semi working, due to VoodooHDA. With that being said, volume and quality is reasonable, while internal mic works as well.

Ive tried it yesterday a crazy amount of time, every time with an invalid platform-id restart + kextcache, normal restart. Currently at work, can't fiddle with audio, but if someone has a machine like this, could pinpoint me in the direction towards a solution.

Yes, and I'm very thankful for that. However, it did only work with VoodooHDA on this machine for me.
Actually, I did manage to make it work with AppleHDA a few times, thats where my problem report files are from, but it always broke on the next restart. Problem Reporting attached for that too in Post 1.

It means you made a mistake.
If you have an issue with the guide, you must provide "Problem Reporting" files...

Ive tried clover patch + aDummyHDA.kext,

Wrong. The guide does not use aDummyHDA.kext.
All required patches are already provided.

It means you made a mistake.
If you have an issue with the guide, you must provide "Problem Reporting" files...

Wrong. The guide does not use aDummyHDA.kext.
All required patches are already provided.

Hi!

Had a little time and cleaned up VoodooHDA, restored a Vanilla Sierra kext, just in case it got modified by pre-patch_hda, restored a config.plist, thats for my system, tried pre-patch_hda several time as well,
booted -f, and invalid platform id, did
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
rebooted several times, but no luck for now.

Being confident, that I have made a mistake, I do want to solve it. ProblemReporting attached. : ))

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 109
Hi!

Had a little time and cleaned up VoodooHDA, restored a Vanilla Sierra kext, just in case it got modified by pre-patch_hda, restored a config.plist, thats for my system, tried pre-patch_hda several time as well,
booted -f, and invalid platform id, did
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
rebooted several times, but no luck for now.

Being confident, that I have made a mistake, I do want to solve it. ProblemReporting attached. : ))

This:
Code:
mixs-MacBook-Pro:ProblemReporting mix$ ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*
ls: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*: No such file or directory

... indicates you didn't run ./install_downloads.sh as per guide.

No expectation of working audio without the *.zml.zlib files.

I didn't look at anything else.

This:
Code:
mixs-MacBook-Pro:ProblemReporting mix$ ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*
ls: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*: No such file or directory

... indicates you didn't run ./install_downloads.sh as per guide.

No expectation of working audio without the *.zml.zlib files.

I didn't look at anything else.

Yes, that was curious. I think I had no AppleHDA upon running your script. Have Vanilla now, and trying it again, will make sure to get "zlib" files in the right place, try again, and report if not working, thank you for your time and effort.

Yes, that was curious. I think I had no AppleHDA upon running your script.

The guide does not call for deleting AppleHDA.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back