i7-3667U @ 2GHz @ QM77
Graphics
HD4000 @ 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,
I installed last Sierra Beta and all seems to work using the guide for El Capitan from @RehabMan .
But, I found a problem: the CPU is always running at the minimum frequency (800MHz) - checked with Intel Power Gadget.
Have already tested with the master and beta version of ssdtPRGen.sh but the result is always the same.
Also tested with SMBIOS 9,2 and 5,2 (the mid2012 uses exactly the same CPU) but the result is always the same.

Checked that if I boot with the config.plist from USB install, the CPU locks around 1.9GHz.

Any ideia how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 161
Hi all,
I installed last Sierra Beta and all seems to work using the guide for El Capitan from @RehabMan .
But, I found a problem: the CPU is always running at the minimum frequency (800MHz) - checked with Intel Power Gadget.
Have already tested with the master and beta version of ssdtPRGen.sh but the result is always the same.
Also tested with SMBIOS 9,2 and 5,2 (the mid2012 uses exactly the same CPU) but the result is always the same.

Checked that if I boot with the config.plist from USB install, the CPU locks around 1.9GHz.

Thanks in advance.

Reports for certain computers like your own are better by using the "-w 3" flag with ssdtPRgen.sh. Did you use it? It is mentioned in the (ProBook/EliteBook) guide.

Reports for certain computers like your own are better by using the "-w 3" flag with ssdtPRgen.sh. Did you use it? It is mentioned in the (ProBook/EliteBook) guide.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Seems that I missed that parameter... but unfortunately didn't solve :(
In fact is even worst, since it doesn't boot. Tried lots of combinations:
ssdtPRGen -w 1
ssdtPRGen -w 2
clover boot parameter -xcpm
SMBIOS 9,2
SMBIOS 5,2
SMBIOS 10,1

Always fails with the text in the attached photo. Verified that the CPU number that gives the error is not always 0.

Attachments

• IMG_20160826_110751.jpg
    IMG_20160826_110751.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 302
Thanks for the quick reply.
Seems that I missed that parameter... but unfortunately didn't solve :(
In fact is even worst, since it doesn't boot. Tried lots of combinations:
ssdtPRGen -w 1
ssdtPRGen -w 2
clover boot parameter -xcpm
SMBIOS 9,2
SMBIOS 5,2
SMBIOS 10,1

Always fails with the text in the attached photo. Verified that the CPU number that gives the error is not always 0.

Use "-w 3" and -xcpm. Make sure -xcpm and desired SMBIOS is set when running the script.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Look into adding extra 800MHz SSDT option into SSDT - as I had this same problem with my Asus S400CA (with an i3-3217U) and I just added an identical 800MHZ SSDT entry into the generated SSDT, increased the package size to fit, and it worked flawlessly ... I think the -w flag tries to do that though, but verify that TWO 800MHz entries are being generated in your SSDT...

-Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back