Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5-TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 980
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
I've been asked by nguyenmac to start a new thread for my laptop model. So am pasting in my initial post from here:http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...vericks-clover-bootloader-257.html#post880438

___

I've got an HP Elitebook 8760w. So maybe my testing can add yet another model to the PBI installer!

Installing 10.9.5 from the app store via a 16gb USB stick using the guide here:
Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Used PBI 6.2.10 (Oct 1st edition), v2854 on screen when bootable, 2932 on boot screen when not.

I can successfully install OSX and get to the desktop in 1600x900 no problem! :)

Working: Ethernet, track pad, mouse, keyboard, USB 3.0 & 2.0 all work.

Problems: Monitor is dark upon first boot. Have to unplug AC adapter for screen to reach full brightness.
No audio device/sound. Even tried rebuilding the cache with kextwizard with no luck.
No WiFi: (Not expected. I know my NIC is not supported. No worries there. I will buy something compatible)

Still not sure which model to choose within PBI though as mine isn't listed specifically.

Specs: (From Windows Device Manager)
HP Elitebook 8760w.
i7-2630QM 2.0GHz
1600x900
Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0096 (Microsoft)
Chipset: Intel 6 Series/C200
QM67 Express Chhipset
AMD FirePro M5950 Mobility Pro Graphics
hp BD-RE BT10N DVD rom drive
JMicron OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394
JMicron memory driver PCIe SD and SD/MMC
Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad
LSI HDA Modem
Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network
Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN 633ANHMW
TPM 1.2 module
AMD High Definition Audio Device
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Tried 8x60p, but is the p the same as the w models? And I have an AMD graphics card, so also tried 8x70p with no luck on the audio either.

So both don't seem to work, but probably my noob status is the problem. Does this mean you need to add my model to PBI before it will work?

Thanks so much!

Rational

Edit:

Just did another fresh install and tried the 8x60p AMD model again and it gives me the warning that
1. You haven't pressed F4 at Clover screen. (I did)
2. You haven't selected the right main model-specific patch.
And another:
Kernel extension is not from an identified developer, etc.

So far, I can only boot off of the Clover USB key EFI x64 unless I copy its EFI onto the hard drive EFI.
But then every time I run PBI it kills the next boot. Either kernel panics or stays forever on the grey apple screen with rotating disc.

I'm gathering these now for you:
If you have any problems with PBI, please send me your following files:
- EFI/CLOVER/ folder in EFI partition (mounted by CC)
- /var/log/install.log in Mac partition (hidden folder)
- /S/L/E/AppleHDAIDT.kext in Mac partition.

Hello ! Thank you for writing this guide ! I was wondering if you knew why I get a black screen on my 8770w and it resets back to Clover ? I get the black screen and reset after I select the install of Mavricks, starts to load then black screen and restarts.

Also, I'm not sure what config plist to chose. I tried both labled i7 series. I saw you have a different chipset then me, I have the QM77. Not sure where you got the C200 number from on yours. Or if I need to know that.

I have played with different bios options and settings but all give me the same result.

Can you boot into safe mode ? or put flags in there ? Thanks in advance

I decided to try hacking a 8760w again. This time with Yosemite.
I had similar experiences as the OP.

Specs on my 8760w:
2,2ghz quad I7 (sandy)
4x8GB 1333 ram
ATI 1gb fireport video
1920x1080 17.2" display
1 256GB SSD
1 500GB HDD
The rest of the hardware match the OP's.

i will mention that I also have a fully working 8460p (ML) and 8470p (ML and Yosemite) hackbooks
the 8470p especially is more stable then my actual MBP and work on a dock unlike my MBP.

I can get it to see all most all of the hardware with a video resolution of 1920x1080 1024MB
i used the latest PBI (oct 20 2014)1

Here is how far I got..

not working:
only able to boot from usb for now (crash to black screen from hdd)
power must be unplugged and then plugged in to see the login screen (from usb boot) (screen turns black at login screen)
needs a brick to boot (see above)
Only sees 3 of the 4 memory slots (I'm ok with this)
no audio
HP keyboard shortcuts/mapping not working (volume and brightness. I have not looked into this yet)
wifi (not compatable Intel card. Will swap out if rest of hardware work)

what does work so far:
sleep (all usb devices get improperly ejected when sleeping)
Video at 1920x1080 1024MB
USB3
(looks like FireWire works but untested)
multi finger trackpad
EFI boot
number pad
App Store
recovery partition

Hi just installed OS X El CAPITAN in HP 8760W. All running except wifi (Waiting Broadcom 43224) and USB 3.0.

I tried kext utility install RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2014-1016 but got kernel panic.

Sound running for the moment with VoodooHDA. I tried to add vanilla AppleHDA and patch it with no success.

Any help welcome.

Regards.

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban."

10.11 is still a developer preview and is under NDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back