Contribute
Register

[Success] Hp Elitebook 8570w 99% QM77 i7-3720QM Quadro K2000M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely different drivers are used (VESA/base drivers) when you disable the Nvidia drivers.
You can't really compare ioreg from one to the other.

Then maybe it's something about display_cfg or connector-type. I'll have to do some more research.

If all else fails I may look into getting an AMD MXM card for this thing and see if I have the same issue.

I agree with max9x67. Could you do some light resume about main issues and major solutions? Metal, Quadro (gfx acceleration without web driver?) Thank you.

Hello All. Mezmaron, could you link to your current EFI Kext and plist so I can take a look on my setup?

I've got a M2000M in my 8570w and having 'much fun' with getting it working...even though it plays in Windows fine.

Tar

Hello,

Mojave 10.14 installed perfectly on my os everything is working ( GPU, WIFI, AUDIO, ExpressCard,Battery) except:

1.Brightness - Might be due to Nvidia discrete GPU only, no intel graphics here (dont care much though)
2. TURBO- that's important!!! goes only to 2.6ghz top instead of 3.4. multipliers are working, max is x26.

I dont have lags but turbo should be beneficial..

Any help master Rehabman or any other??

(I hope i have edited my details correctly this time Rehabman)

Uploading Clover Folder for check.

Thank you amazing community as
How did you install Mojave on your HP Elitebook 8570w?
Can you please share the EFI folder (config plist) and help me out here please. Been trying for the past week without success. I need some help with installation guide. Maybe with Boot Args..and other. Thank you very much

@m0crt I'm sorry, I gave up on getting my 8570w working long ago. The early problem reports I posted in this thread should contain what you need. If you don't have the DreamColor display, it may work fine for you, but you'd probably have better luck with what Dsynos80 just posted from the sounds of it.

@Dsynos80 Even though I gave up on this, I'm curious- does your 8570w have the DreamColor display? Mine has that, and uses an internal eDP port, and I never did get the internal display working. I also find it odd that your config.plist shows that you're injecting Intel when you have Nvidia video only? If you have the DC display, I'd love to check out a dump of your ioreg and compare it to what I had going on in mine.

I even tried putting the AMD MxM card in it, and that turned out to to have even more problems, and I was too frustrated with it at that point to continue. I restored it back to my Windows 10 image that I had on it before, and I don't plan on trying it again. Since then, I finally did get a different non-Intel-video Elitebook working; it's an 8570p with the AMD 7570M chip running High Sierra. I stuck with HS since apparently that chip isn't natively supported in Mojave with acceleration.

Hi guys. I have a laptop hp8570w with cpu 3820qm and gpu nvidia k2000m. I would like to install mojave on my pc. Someone could guide me to install mac os? I need help for usb bootable key too. Thanks for the help

Here is my updated Clover folder, running Succesfully 10.14.6, Graphics ok, DP output to HDMI ok. Audio Ok. Wifi Ok (using Atheros AR9287), needed kext provided. Generate UUID and Serial. GPU ROM Implemented too.

Attachments

• IO80211Family.kext.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 126
  • CLOVER.zip
    21.4 MB · Views: 201
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back