Contribute
Register

HP EliteBook 850 G2 w/Mojave 10.14.1 Black Screen on Wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's wrong, it should be like this:
View attachment 368039
i also added the other values according to your hardware, remove SSDT-IGPU.aml from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and test if it changes something.

I gave that a try including removing the SSDT and the computer would not boot. It froze at one of the squashed Apple loading screens. With Hybrid UEFI you get annoying squashed clover screen and Apple loading graphics at boot. Anyway the progress bar froze and would not finish loading. I didn't panic but on a lark I did a hard reboot, opened clover options and chose inject-edid from the Graphics options because you and Rehabman mentioned inject edid. Luckily it booted and I restored everything back to what it was and put SSDT back as well. Back at square one...

I gave that a try including removing the SSDT and the computer would not boot. It froze at one of the squashed Apple loading screens. With Hybrid UEFI you get annoying squashed clover screen and Apple loading graphics at boot. Anyway the progress bar froze and would not finish loading. I didn't panic but on a lark I did a hard reboot, opened clover options and chose inject-edid from the Graphics options because you and Rehabman mentioned inject edid. Luckily it booted and I restored everything back to what it was and put SSDT back as well. Back at square one...
try and change device-id from 16160000 to 26160000 and give it another try.

Ok so include all of the values in the picture above but change device id and remove SSDT-IGPU?

That delivered the same result. It froze at the Apple loading screen. I injected EDID through clover preferences and was able to boot and reset everything. This is frustrating but thanks for the new perspective and approach. I'm sure there is a solution.

That delivered the same result. It froze at the Apple loading screen. I injected EDID through clover preferences and was able to boot and reset everything. This is frustrating but thanks for the new perspective and approach. I'm sure there is a solution.

It is not possible to know what you're actually doing without problem reporting files...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi Sniki. Would changing the SMBIOS to a different profile make any difference? If so can you suggest a profile to try? Right now it's configured as a MacBook Air 7,2

Hi Sniki. Would changing the SMBIOS to a different profile make any difference? If so can you suggest a profile to try? Right now it's configured as a MacBook Air 7,2

I think you neglected to read post #16.

I think you neglected to read post #16.
Hi Rehabman. After ransacking the internet for answers I realize this issue might not be solvable and El Capitan could be the end of line for EliteBooks with my spec with regards to sleep wake. Funny enough my journey ended just now on a thread right back here at Tonymacx86 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hp-elitebook-840-g2-sleep-wake-issue.228810/page-5 This is a bit of a let down because with the exception of the black screen issue everything else works including sleep wake with external display and wake with Bluetooth connected keyboard and trackpad (External display only) I'm going to stick with this setup and learn to live with it for the time being. I think the answer to the issue lies in changes made after El Capitan with regards to graphics. I appreciate all of the hard work you and other devs put in to the guides and am holding out a slim hope that a solution is on the horizon.

I think the answer to the issue lies in changes made after El Capitan with regards to graphics.

What "changes" are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back