Contribute
Register

Hp EliteBook 8460p

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i relaunch
./install_acpi.sh install_8x60p it say Error: unknown model "install_8x60p" specified

install_8x60p is not valid. It is install_8x60

if i follow GO > to folder ....and i insert ./build it doesn't open for copy files manually

./build.sh is run from Terminal. Read the guide carefully, and follow exactly.

hi ,
thanks for your inifinite patience with a total noob
I'm not expert with Apple system/console ......i'm try to learn because i know only windows so isn't clear installation mechanism The are a lot of guides but not all are clear, some not supported )
BTW
Now rebooting ..... all is ok, also audio works perfectly
The rest of guide is already done....

two questions

1) native USB3 with AppleUSBXHCI (USB2 works also) (except 10.11 with 6-series laptops with NEC/Renesas)
im my signature i have "USB 3 controller Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller".
2 usb are not working instead one is ok, is assimilable to controller Renesas on my board?

2) i have my original ssd drive with windows 10 and linux mint .
my project is ....if on a new drive i create with MAC OS a partition of 80GB leaving unpartitioned the remaining space and restore on it with acronis OSX disco backup all will be ok ....on the remaining space i can restore always with acronis my 2 other operating systems ?

Thanks

1) native USB3 with AppleUSBXHCI (USB2 works also) (except 10.11 with 6-series laptops with NEC/Renesas)
im my signature i have "USB 3 controller Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller".
2 usb are not working instead one is ok, is assimilable to controller Renesas on my board?

The guide has the needed patches for 6-series NEC/Renesas and native AppleUSBXHCI for versions prior to 10.10. No such solution for 10.11.

You can try GenericUSBXHCI.kext although it is a bit quirky. (devices should be plugged in before booting).

2) i have my original ssd drive with windows 10 and linux mint .
my project is ....if on a new drive i create with MAC OS a partition of 80GB leaving unpartitioned the remaining space and restore on it with acronis OSX disco backup all will be ok ....on the remaining space i can restore always with acronis my 2 other operating systems ?

No experience with Acronis. I use Disk Utility for HFS+J cloning, and gparted in Linux for NTFS/extX cloning.

RehabMan thanks a lot , again, for your help!!!
Now i have tested docking station and , for my use better cooling and Ethernet connection is ok...lan luckly working!
i have made a backup with acronis so i work on triple boot following guide .
I let you know how is going

Bye

How to install wifi driver on hp elitbook 8460p laptop mac os. Pls help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back