Contribute
Register

Hp EliteBook 8460p

Status
Not open for further replies.
then i have to set a spcific SSDT for my notebook

./install_acpi.sh install_8x60

correct?
but SSDT- Hack / LPC /PNLF etc must be copied manually ?or are already included in 8x60 file ?

install_acpi.sh will install all the files you need.

another step not clear for me:

After copying the config.plist from the repo to EFI/Clover/config.plist, you should customize the SMBIOS so you have a unique serial. You can use Clover Configurator to do this (use google to find/download it). DO NOT use Clover Configurator to edit your actual config.plist. Instead edit a "dummy" config.plist to create the SMBIOS data and then use copy/paste with a plist editor (I use Xcode) to copy the SMBIOS section into my active config.plist. Clover Configurator is too buggy and cannot be trusted with edits to your real config.plist. Make sure you use the same SMBIOS model as the original plist used.

i don't know how to edit SMBIOS ....

It will be obvious as you work through the steps.

at this time all is working , but audio is KO.

Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Sorry i'm italian and maybe i'm not clear in explanation.

i've understood correctly i have to open with clover configurator a copy of this config.plist generated? ...then i have to work under SMBIOS and copy it under the same original file located Efi partition?

thanks for patience ....at the end i offer you a bottle of good beer :D for every my post

Sorry i'm italian and maybe i'm not clear in explanation.

i've understood correctly i have to open with clover configurator a copy of this config.plist generated? ...then i have to work under SMBIOS and copy it under the same original file located Efi partition?

thanks for patience ....at the end i offer you a bottle of good beer :D for every my post

Run Clover Configurator. Create your SMBIOS. Save the resulting config.plist somewhere. For example, in ~/Documents as "dummy_config.plist".

Open your real config.plist and dummy_config.plist in a plist editor. Copy the SMBIOS section from dummy_config.plist to your real config.plist by using copy/paste.

ok thanks...more clear now....
so opening Clover Configuratior --> i click on SMBIOS --> then i click on magic wand and select MAC BOOK PRO (8,1) Core i5/i7 (Sandy Bridge )-->then save.
After i install Xcode, i copy from cfg_dummy "SMBIOS " folder and i copy it under config.plist of EFI partition ad in image uploaded.
Is correct in this way?

then i reboot and make a disk backup.

after, i try audio fix.

after reboot .....now system hangup on apple logo

i try to change Droptables , but nothing

can you help me?

booting from usb pen let me go inside osx

another question ....kext related to wifi must be removed? I have the the wifi card not supported installed .....

Attachments

• IMG_20160527_091525.jpg
    IMG_20160527_091525.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_20160527_103444.jpg
    IMG_20160527_103444.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_9589.JPG
    IMG_9589.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 288
  • configxcode.zip
    3 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
after reboot .....now system hangup on apple logo

i try to change Droptables , but nothing

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover as ZIP (remove 'themes').

ok booting from verbose mode (spacebar on clover menu) i have only few stings than hang up.

i think i have find error.....now while copying Clover directory of HDD i see under kext other version over other directory.
I can try to copy alla kext on Other directory , delete 10.x folders , and reboot?
Maybe can be this one the issue?

Audio, USB not working , etc can depend from this?

Attachments

• CLOVER on HDD.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG_20160527_170312.jpg
    IMG_20160527_170312.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 237
ok booting from verbose mode (spacebar on clover menu) i have only few stings than hang up.

i think i have find error.....now while copying Clover directory of HDD i see under kext other version over other directory.
I can try to copy alla kext on Other directory , delete 10.x folders , and reboot?
Maybe can be this one the issue?

Audio, USB not working , etc can depend from this?

ACPI/patched is not per guide. There should be no DSDT.aml there.

I will update install_acpi.sh so it enforces this (eg. deletes ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml).

so i have to wait your ok to relaunch install_acpi.sh ?
or i have to delete something?
regarding Kext i have to leave them into Kext\10.11 folder , or i have to move them to "Other" directory such as guide?

all other things are ok?

Thanks

so i have to wait your ok to relaunch install_acpi.sh ?

Already changed.

or i have to delete something?

Delete DSDT.aml in APCI/patched. It is clearly stated in the guide.

regarding Kext i have to leave them into Kext\10.11 folder , or i have to move them to "Other" directory such as guide?

I prefer to place them all in Other. They are the same for every OS X version.

all other things are ok?

I didn't check everything.

Hi Rehabman

Already changed.

when i relaunch
./install_acpi.sh install_8x60p it say Error: unknown model "install_8x60p" specified

Delete DSDT.aml in APCI/patched. It is clearly stated in the guide.

Done

I prefer to place them all in Other. They are the same for every OS X version.

Done

what's wrong?

if i follow GO > to folder ....and i insert ./build it doesn't open for copy files manually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back