Contribute
Register

HP Elitebook 8460p - Backlight Control Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried everything I know of in the realm of removing kexts. The file is not present in S/L/E, I have rebuilt the caches several times, and now booted with the "UseKernelCache=No"

It no longer seems to say ACPIbacklight, but your name is still present under AppleIntelPanelA.

Attachments

• IOreg_0855.ioreg
    3.5 MB · Views: 145
I have tried everything I know of in the realm of removing kexts. The file is not present in S/L/E, I have rebuilt the caches several times, and now booted with the "UseKernelCache=No"

It no longer seems to say ACPIbacklight, but your name is still present under AppleIntelPanelA.

You have an AppleBacklightInjector.kext installed (generated from a script I wrote).

Okay, well then if I understand correctly, the ACPIbacklight is finally removed.

Current behavior is 100% backlight with no controls in System Preferences and no keyboard control. This seems to be the same as immediately following installation with the Probook Installer and before the install of ACPIbacklight.

I am wondering how to proceed. Any more advice, should you choose to give it, will be appreciated.

Okay, well then if I understand correctly, the ACPIbacklight is finally removed.

Correct. But you still have a non-vanilla config for backlight due to the AppleBacklightInjector.kext.

You should remove it.

Current behavior is 100% backlight with no controls in System Preferences and no keyboard control. This seems to be the same as immediately following installation with the Probook Installer and before the install of ACPIbacklight.

I am wondering how to proceed. Any more advice, should you choose to give it, will be appreciated.

According to ioreg, you should have a backlight slider in SysPrefs->Displays. Unless the bogus (it is for Intel graphics/backlight) AppleBacklightInjector.kext you have is interfering somehow.

Whether it works or not is a different subject.

And then, lo, as if by magic, the backlight works normally. Both the keys and SysPref>Display. Even fading transitions.

Thank you for your help! I seriously appreciate it!

And then, lo, as if by magic, the backlight works normally. Both the keys and SysPref>Display. Even fading transitions.

Thank you for your help! I seriously appreciate it!
It works after removing AppleBacklightInjector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back