intel 4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey,

I have managed to get the above laptop at an extremely good price and fully kitted out with lots of high end options, now ideally I would have preferred to get a Macbook however that was just too far out of my price range so this was a good second option. Now the prospect of being able to turn this machine into a quasi-mac makes is very appealing however will my machine work as close as possible ? the specs of my laptop are as follows.

Intel 4th Generation i7.
Intel 4400 Graphics
16GB DDR3 RAM
500GB SSD Drive
Intel 7260 Wireless
10 Point touch screen

From reading some of the posts, it appears that the HP Probook are an extremely good match to running OSx so am I to assume that this Elitebook would be the same if not better?

Thanks all.

Scott

Hey,

I have managed to get the above laptop at an extremely good price and fully kitted out with lots of high end options, now ideally I would have preferred to get a Macbook however that was just too far out of my price range so this was a good second option. Now the prospect of being able to turn this machine into a quasi-mac makes is very appealing however will my machine work as close as possible ? the specs of my laptop are as follows.

Intel 4th Generation i7.
Intel 4400 Graphics
16GB DDR3 RAM
500GB SSD Drive
Intel 7260 Wireless
10 Point touch screen

From reading some of the posts, it appears that the HP Probook are an extremely good match to running OSx so am I to assume that this Elitebook would be the same if not better?

Thanks all.

Scott

Guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

What's the best wireless card for the 840 g1?

i ever done an quick install on hp elitebook 840 G1.
all worked.
(change wifi to broadcom without BT, you should prefer a BCM94352HMB azureware AW-CE123H)

i have not the computer for now, because my firm give me a 820 G2 wich have not the same hardware.
(i just took the 840 G1 for one weekend)

it was my clover install and the HP probook installer clover edition i used.

you can move kexts from clover to library/extensions or systeme/library/extension

i don't remember what i choose on the probook installer ^^
remembering about:
osx support kexts/standard model/4x0 G1
Config and DSDT patcher/standard model/4x0 G1
fan behavior/reading only
SSDT generator
misc os x fixes/Probook logos
extra tools/clover configurator and xtrafinder

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-sUmdgLOBgBdlhLMHBqaWQ3WVE/view?usp=sharing

If you select 4x0g1, ethernet will not work for 8x0g1. You should select 8x0g1 in PBI CE instead.

I can vouch that this guide worked perfectly for my EliteBook 840.
Hi could you post your dsdt patched for me to try? I have laptop as yours

Assuming ProBook/Elitebook with Intel graphics, you laptop has a guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/
Thanks I've been able to patch mine and I think everything is working well on 10.13.3 except for wifi which needs to be changed. I have an Acer too but seems to be giving me headaches. It's a core i5 6200U with geforce 920M that I'd like to disable. Plus brightness isn't working. I tried to generate SSDT for power states but had an error somewhere. Anyways the error I get when compiling the dsdt.dsl is "Unknown asl compiler exception id MDBG method". I've added my decompiled origin folder so you check for me. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• origin.zip
    173.5 KB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back