Contribute
Register

HP Elitebook 840 G1: Problems with HP UltraSlim Dock 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello RehabMan,
I don't know what I could say... but now both DisplayPorts are working with the laptop attached to the docking station. I don't know why...
When I did the test I have had Clover 3961 installed- then I did an update to 3974. This is the only thing I changed. I can't believe, that this was the trick.
The posted IOReg was with an attached Display Port on the Laptop- not on the docking station.
The only thing which is still not working is the sound output of the docking station. The sound comes still from the laptop speakers and not from the attached external speakers connected to the docking station.
If I connect the speakers to the headphone output of the laptop, the internal speakers are muted and the output is correct directed to the headphone output.
I did an update of the "problem report" files. Now with the monitor connected via DisplayPort and speakers attached to the docking station.

Dear Conn,
I have also an elite book g1, with CPU i5, and HD4400. However, my problem is, that I do not know, which plist and which profile I should choose during the installation. Thus, I really would appreciate it if you could tell me which opinion (e.g. 4x0/6x0/8x0....... ) I should choose for installation!

Hi RehabMan,
thanks for you, I just updated my profile. Since I have only ubuntu installed, I used i-Nex . I hope you can tell me which script I should use.

Seems rather obvious.

For installing, there is only one plist for HD4400.
And for post install, only one config for 8x0 G1 Haswell.
And for install_acpi.sh, refer to the output from "./install_acpi.sh help" (note: install_8x0g1_haswell)

Hi RehabMan, sorry for my delayed replay. Once again thanks for your help. Yesterday I installed 10.13 and almost everything is working as it should. Only when I connect the docking station, the display ports on the docking station do not work. When I connect a monitor to the ports, the LCD screen on notebook flashes and nothing happens on the external monitor. When I connect the monitor to the build in display port on the notebook, it works.
Any idee?

Hi RehabMan, sorry for my delayed replay. Once again thanks for your help. Yesterday I installed 10.13 and almost everything is working as it should. Only when I connect the docking station, the display ports on the docking station do not work. When I connect a monitor to the ports, the LCD screen on notebook flashes and nothing happens on the external monitor. When I connect the monitor to the build in display port on the notebook, it works.
Any idee?

Probably will require a custom patch for the framebuffer.
You should read about framebuffer patching.

Probably will require a custom patch for the framebuffer.
You should read about framebuffer patching.

Hi, rehabman, in your ~/Projects/probook.git/hotpatch/SSDT-IGPU.dsl you have this:

<code>
// Broadwell/HD5500
0x1616, 0, Package()
{
"AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x16 },
"model", Buffer() { "Intel HD Graphics 5500" },
"hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },
},
</code>

the resulting ig-platform-id after building is this: 0x00020000

What should I writte there to get this: 0x16260006 (default framebuffer for laptops with Intel HD Graphics 5500)

best regards

jorge

Hi, rehabman, in your ~/Projects/probook.git/hotpatch/SSDT-IGPU.dsl you have this:

<code>
// Broadwell/HD5500
0x1616, 0, Package()
{
"AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x16 },
"model", Buffer() { "Intel HD Graphics 5500" },
"hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },
},
</code>

the resulting ig-platform-id after building is this: 0x00020000

What should I writte there to get this: 0x16260006 (default framebuffer for laptops with Intel HD Graphics 5500)

best regards

jorge

The code injects 0x16260006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back