HP EliteBook 820 G3-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520, 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,
I recently installed macOS Catalina 10.15.1 on my laptop as my main and only OS, following RehabMan's Clover ACPI Hotpatch guide.
At first, everything seemed to be working. After a little bit of tinkering (installing Sinetek's kext, that is) I was even able to make the PCI SD card reader work.

The laptop works almost flawlessly, but I have one small problem:
I own a HP UltraSlim Dock 2013. When I put my laptop in it, and then I attach two DisplayPort monitors (one through an adapter) to the back (or three displays, two DP and one VGA), what happens is that both DP monitors get the same resolution, refresh rate and image (they are mirrored), but macOS recognizes only one of them as connected, and I have no option to extend.
The display is recognized as being connected through DVI/HDMI, even though my laptop doesn't even have HDMI or DVI ports (in fact, I use the -igfxnohdmi boot flag):
shotscreen.png

No problems however when using dual monitors with one DP and one VGA cable.
I also noticed that the port on the left might be the one having problems: my monitor gets no signal even if it's recognized by the OS when it's connected to this port and even if it's the only connected display.

I searched a lot on the web and forums, but the only threads I found with a similar problem have no responses.

I tried a few things; what I did so far was:
  • Adding SSDT-XOSI.aml with _OSI->XOSI patch (laptop then boots only if the charger is connected, and the battery status icon disappears, but no change in the dock's behaviour)
  • Updating the dock's firmware from 2.30 to 2.33
  • Testing with a drive with Mojave 10.14.3 on it
  • Recreating the entire EFI through RehabMan's repo
  • Testing on Windows (I can confirm the dock is, in fact, working)

Docking station and laptop are both running the latest firmware/BIOS version.
I attach my EFI folder and my IOReg (both with 1 and 2 monitors connected via DP, laptop lid closed) for better troubleshooting, even though I made minimal modifications to RehabMan's files.
Hope you can help, I'm just a tineey little bit away from having the best Hackintosh laptop experience.

Attachments

• EFI+IOReg.zip
    12.3 MB · Views: 225
The HP slim dock uses a DisplayPort MST hub for the digital ports, which is not supported by MacOS.

Oh, I see. It completely flew past me. Didn't know Apple didn't support MST in macOS, that's just... Stupid.
Anyway, is there a way through EDID injection and/or patching to make macOS think the two connected displays are a single MST display, which Apple supports?

Not that I am aware of. I believe the DP out / USB-C out are wired physically to different outputs on the iGPU, so in theory you can use them in conjunction with the dock so long as the framebuffer is patched accordingly.

I have exactly same issue here. That's very disappointing findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back