• No

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • With exceptions

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So just to be clear,

Disk Utlitiliy --> Select my SSD ---> Partitions tab --> 2 partitions ---> 1st partition format as Mac OSX Entended Journaled .........for the second Partition what should I format it is as that I can install windows 7 on it at a later date ?

You can select Mac OSX Extended, then later when you want to install Windows 8, use installer to delete that partition and create new NTFS.

You can select Mac OSX Extended, then later when you want to install Windows 8, use installer to delete that partition and create new NTFS.

Thankyou! and apologies for all the questions guys. Really appreciate the guidance.:):thumbup:

Thankyou! and apologies for all the questions guys. Really appreciate the guidance.:):thumbup:

You're welcome. Please report if it works for you to avoid the black screen. :D

I am up to step 6 in the guide

"6. Install screen will appear, use Disk Utility to format your drive as GPT, create a Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) partition and Install Mavericks. The installer will extract necessary files to "Install OS X Mavericks" (not your target partition). This will end PHASE 1."

I have wiped my ssd and created 2 partitions
Both Mac OS X extended journaled.

I have named one of them MAVINST (90gb)
and the other WINDOWS. (90gb)

For step 6 can I conform that I now choose install mavericks and then select the MAVINST drive and then hit install ?

the wording in step 6 suggests that I may be doing this wrong ?

The installer progress bar to MAVINST has been on "about a second remaning" for the last ten minutes or so... The light on the USB stick is still flashing away happily though suggesting something is happening? Is this normal ?

The installer progress bar to MAVINST has been on "about a second remaning" for the last ten minutes or so... The light on the USB stick is still flashing away happily though suggesting something is happening? Is this normal ?

Be patient. It should eventually finish.

Ignore last post. I was just being impatient. It has since moved on and is now "installing osx on the disk "MAVINST" :) following a reboot

I am up to step 6 in the guide

"6. Install screen will appear, use Disk Utility to format your drive as GPT, create a Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) partition and Install Mavericks. The installer will extract necessary files to "Install OS X Mavericks" (not your target partition). This will end PHASE 1."

I have wiped my ssd and created 2 partitions
Both Mac OS X extended journaled.

I have named one of them MAVINST (90gb)
and the other WINDOWS. (90gb)

For step 6 can I conform that I now choose install mavericks and then select the MAVINST drive and then hit install ?

the wording in step 6 suggests that I may be doing this wrong ?

That is normal. Was the same for me. Just be patient as Rehabman already said... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back