Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • With exceptions

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do i know if my current windows installtion was installed in UEFI mate ? Its windows 7 that I installed from scratch when I gave up trying to get the HD4000 to work :)

My Current SSD is 160gb I think and is NTFS formatted running Windows 7 ... Would I be able to use the remaining space on the SSD to create a Mavericks partition ? As said, I did try this a number of times before but disk utility would not recognize it as a valid osx formatted partition so i ended up having to wipe the lot before proceeding with the install.... I would rather try this method first and checking that everything works before shelling out for a separate HDD

actually just checked in disk management..

My SSD has a 100MB EFI partition...so I imagine I am already using UEFI for Windows 7...

thanks mate..
I see there are now 2 guides to choose from. One being yours here and the other which includes probook installer.

Did I read correctly earlier that you did a fresh install on your 2570p but then uses probook isntaller choosing all the 8x70p options and the majority of it works ?

Just wondering the best tutorial to follow mate. thanks for your responses appreciated guys.

Yes I did a clean install with clover and then use PBI to finalize it (as you said select 8x70p options and BCM4322 & USB 3.0 patches).
After that everything works with no exception as Bluetooth is now included also. I never got a cleaner Hackintosh as with this method. I like it to have no Extra folder. It looks more Vanilla then. ;-)

Yes, I replaced DVD by HDD, turned off upgrade bay in BIOS (because Windows UEFI can't install with 2 SATA drives), wiped my SSD and installed Windows 8.1 UEFI. Then I turned on upgrade bay, install Mavericks to the end of SSD.

I installed MacDrive in Windows, and Tuxera NTFS in OS X, both work fine and can see all partition. This is my guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

My suggestion would be Paragon 2 in 1 bundle as it is much cheaper than MacDrive and Tuxera. The Paragon bundle will cost $29,95 and you will get access to HFS from Win and NTFS from Mac. It works very well for me.

See this link: https://www.paragon-software.de/home/ntfs-hfs-bundle/

My SSD has a 100MB EFI partition...so I imagine I am already using UEFI for Windows 7...

Yes but remember: Mac OS needs a 200MB EFI partition to work with it. I tried it with the Win 7 one and Mac OS cannot use it for clean install. Maybe Win 8 creates a bigger one. Never tested it.

It's not sure, Legacy Windows can still boot from GPT drive. Try turning on UEFI Legacy (without CSM) in BIOS to see if you can boot to Windows again (if it boots, you have Windows UEFI).

Ok thanks guys,

I think what I am going to do before buying another drive is make sure I can get everything working on my current SSD...

so this is my plan, please tell me if you anticipate any issues in doing this.....

1) wipe my SDD completely...
2) Sort out the Clover USB install usb stick via another virtual machine I have set up.
3) boot from the Clover stick,
4) launch disk utlity and create two partitions on the SSD.
1 x 80gb Max OSX Extended Journaled partition and 1 x 80gb DOS (FAT) partition.
5) work through the mavericks installtion - hopefully overcoming the HD4000 black screen issue...get everyhing working as best I can on that side....
6) Once happy then install windows onto the other partition.
7) install some form of bootloader so that I can choose which OS i launch on boot ?

Does that sound like it will work? ( i understand that I will inevitably come up against errors and things to overcome - fully prepared for that after my last experience ;) )

Appreciate that both you guys (ngutenmac and tyranor) have your own methods and have also been experimenting with probook installer..

In your opinions, which of the following tutorials would you suggest that I follow considering I Will have a completely blank HP Elitebook 2570p.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...e-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader-32.html

OR

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook-36.html

Ta

Yes I did a clean install with clover and then use PBI to finalize it (as you said select 8x70p options and BCM4322 & USB 3.0 patches).
After that everything works with no exception as Bluetooth is now included also. I never got a cleaner Hackintosh as with this method. I like it to have no Extra folder. It looks more Vanilla then. ;-)

Great stuff, ill take the plunge tonight and give it a go...

From my last experience, I remember that as soon as I attempted to boot from the USB ...I would get the dreaded black screen straight away.. The only way I could boot to the installer was to use the GraphicsEnabler=No -x option.

did you have the same experience up until the point you installed all the patches via probook installer ?

Ok thanks guys,

I think what I am going to do before buying another drive is make sure I can get everything working on my current SSD...

so this is my plan, please tell me if you anticipate any issues in doing this.....

1) wipe my SDD completely...
2) Sort out the Clover USB install usb stick via another virtual machine I have set up.
3) boot from the Clover stick,
4) launch disk utlity and create two partitions on the SSD.
1 x 80gb Max OSX Extended Journaled partition and 1 x 80gb DOS (FAT) partition.
5) work through the mavericks installtion - hopefully overcoming the HD4000 black screen issue...get everyhing working as best I can on that side....
6) Once happy then install windows onto the other partition.
7) install some form of bootloader so that I can choose which OS i launch on boot ?

Does that sound like it will work? ( i understand that I will inevitably come up against errors and things to overcome - fully prepared for that after my last experience ;) )

Appreciate that both you guys (ngutenmac and tyranor) have your own methods and have also been experimenting with probook installer..

In your opinions, which of the following tutorials would you suggest that I follow considering I Will have a completely blank HP Elitebook 2570p.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...e-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader-32.html

OR

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook-36.html

Ta

Just use the Clover guide and put the attached KEXTs into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/.
After that follow the guide and you will get no black screen. :headbang:

PS: The Capri KEXT is not really needed if you just want to use the internal display. I just put it in the clover stick to get my external monitors working via DisplayPort while installing... :mrgreen:

- - - Updated - - -

Great stuff, ill take the plunge tonight and give it a go...

From my last experience, I remember that as soon as I attempted to boot from the USB ...I would get the dreaded black screen straight away.. The only way I could boot to the installer was to use the GraphicsEnabler=No -x option.

did you have the same experience up until the point you installed all the patches via probook installer ?

No. Just use the KEXTs I mentioned in the my previous post.

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    295.4 KB · Views: 265
No! Never create FAT partition, or you can't install Windows UEFI! Use HFS+ or just leave it there.

No! Never create FAT partition, or you can't install Windows UEFI! Use HFS+ or just leave it there.

So just to be clear,

Disk Utlitiliy --> Select my SSD ---> Partitions tab --> 2 partitions ---> 1st partition format as Mac OSX Entended Journaled .........for the second Partition what should I format it is as that I can install windows 7 on it at a later date ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back