Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • With exceptions

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tryaneor you have no idea as to how many hours I spent trying to get osx running on my 2570p a few months ago !

I tried absolutely everything but could not get the HD4000 working, the laptop would only boot in safe mode, otherwise I would just get a blackscreen after boot :(

So with this guide does the whole lot now work :) Wifi too? or will I just need a separate dongle for that?

I currently have a windows installation on the SSD inside by 2570p. I am thinking of removing the CD tray and putting another separate SSD in there so I can put osx on it..

If i did this, would I easily be able to add a menu when I turned the laptop on to select between OSX and Windows disks ? :)

Also is the 2570p classed as a 6 series or 7 series laptop ?

I have the i7 version

tryaneor you have no idea as to how many hours I spent trying to get osx running on my 2570p a few months ago !

I tried absolutely everything but could not get the HD4000 working, the laptop would only boot in safe mode, otherwise I would just get a blackscreen after boot :(

So with this guide does the whole lot now work :) Wifi too? or will I just need a separate dongle for that?

I currently have a windows installation on the SSD inside by 2570p. I am thinking of removing the CD tray and putting another separate SSD in there so I can put osx on it..

If i did this, would I easily be able to add a menu when I turned the laptop on to select between OSX and Windows disks ? :)

Yes everything works but for WiFi you need a compatible and not blacklisted card. I would recommend the BCM43228HMB as it is not blacklisted and works with a patch of PBI.

To get the black screen away you need to inject the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from PBI with clover. After install with PBI you do not need to inject it anymore.

Yes everything works but for WiFi you need a compatible and not blacklisted card. I would recommend the BCM43228HMB as it is not blacklisted and works with a patch of PBI.

To get the black screen away you need to inject the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from PBI with clover. After install with PBI you do not need to inject it anymore.

thanks mate..
I see there are now 2 guides to choose from. One being yours here and the other which includes probook installer.

Did I read correctly earlier that you did a fresh install on your 2570p but then uses probook isntaller choosing all the 8x70p options and the majority of it works ?

Just wondering the best tutorial to follow mate. thanks for your responses appreciated guys.

7-series laptop, you should know your own hardware configuration before installing stuff.
I see that you had Legacy Windows installed, so use the guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook.html

Thanks mate,
I remember last time I tried to install osx, I had windows already running on 1 partition...
I created a separate partition for mac osx, but when the disk utility loaded it would not let me install to the newly created partition and I had to wipe the whole lot (including windows) before I could actually proceed via disk utility. Is this normal ? Im guessing its just me being dumb and not formatting properly but any advice on this would be appreciated.

I am seriously considering getting another SSD to put in the 2570p and have 1 drive running windows and the other drive running OSX independently... however if I can achieve a dual boot configuration from a single SSD then That would save me a lot of cash

Thanks mate,
I remember last time I tried to install osx, I had windows already running on 1 partition...
I created a separate partition for mac osx, but when the disk utility loaded it would not let me install to the newly created partition and I had to wipe the whole lot (including windows) before I could actually proceed via disk utility. Is this normal ? Im guessing its just me being dumb and not formatting properly but any advice on this would be appreciated.

I am seriously considering getting another SSD to put in the 2570p and have 1 drive running windows and the other drive running OSX independently... however if I can achieve a dual boot configuration from a single SSD then That would save me a lot of cash

I have dual boot on my SSD (Windows 8.1 + Mavericks). My data is on HDD caddy bay.

Would you like to keep your current Windows or install new Windows 8 (the latter is easier though).

I have dual boot on my SSD (Windows 8.1 + Mavericks). My data is on HDD caddy bay.

Would you like to keep your current Windows or install new Windows 8 (the latter is easier though).

So if I have understood that correctly, you have Both mavericks and windows installed and running from 1 SSD (albeit seperate partitions) ...and then have replaced your Cd drive with another HDD and have all your data / music / pics etc stored on that? Is that visible to both Os's ?

To be honest I dont have much of note on my current windows install..So I could install from scratch again if required. I have all my drivers and app exes stored away on a stick.

So Im guessing the easiest update path is to wipe the whole lot...
Get Mavericks installed and then create a separate windows partition from within Mavericks and then install windows as normal.... I am just a bit dubious as I have been down this route before and was never able to get the internal HD4000 display to work. It looks like this has been sorted here though ? :)

So if I have understood that correctly, you have Both mavericks and windows installed and running from 1 SSD (albeit seperate partitions) ...and then have replaced your Cd drive with another HDD and have all your data / music / pics etc stored on that? Is that visible to both Os's ?

To be honest I dont have much of note on my current windows install..So I could install from scratch again if required. I have all my drivers and app exes stored away on a stick.

So Im guessing the easiest update path is to wipe the whole lot...
Get Mavericks installed and then create a separate windows partition from within Mavericks and then install windows as normal.... I am just a bit dubious as I have been down this route before and was never able to get the internal HD4000 display to work. It looks like this has been sorted here though ? :)

Yes, I replaced DVD by HDD, turned off upgrade bay in BIOS (because Windows UEFI can't install with 2 SATA drives), wiped my SSD and installed Windows 8.1 UEFI. Then I turned on upgrade bay, install Mavericks to the end of SSD.

I installed MacDrive in Windows, and Tuxera NTFS in OS X, both work fine and can see all partition. This is my guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

Yes, I replaced DVD by HDD, turned off upgrade bay in BIOS (because Windows UEFI can't install with 2 SATA drives), wiped my SSD and installed Windows 8.1 UEFI. Then I turned on upgrade bay, install Mavericks to the end of SSD.

I installed MacDrive in Windows, and Tuxera NTFS in OS X, both work fine and can see all partition. This is my guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

How do i know if my current windows installtion was installed in UEFI mate ? Its windows 7 that I installed from scratch when I gave up trying to get the HD4000 to work :)

My Current SSD is 160gb I think and is NTFS formatted running Windows 7 ... Would I be able to use the remaining space on the SSD to create a Mavericks partition ? As said, I did try this a number of times before but disk utility would not recognize it as a valid osx formatted partition so i ended up having to wipe the lot before proceeding with the install.... I would rather try this method first and checking that everything works before shelling out for a separate HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back