Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • With exceptions

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Win7 install media (eg. DVD) is not setup for UEFI boot. But you can shuffle some files around (on a USB) and make it work. I forget the details... use google.

This is not completely correct. At least Win 7 Enterprise and Professional have UEFI boot on DVD. I never tried Home Premium.
With Win 7 Ent. I installed Clover UEFI dualboot and did not need to move files around.

This is not completely correct. At least Win 7 Enterprise and Professional have UEFI boot on DVD. I never tried Home Premium.
With Win 7 Ent. I installed Clover UEFI dualboot and did not need to move files around.

Mine was Win7 Ultimate. YMMV. The files are there, but they are often in the wrong place. Some BIOS implementations require the files to be in a specific location and named a particular way. The HP BIOS includes a file browser so you can work around incorrect placement of the files. Not all BIOS implementations include a file browser.

I wonder if you could have just used the ProBook Installer. Sounds like the 2x70p is close enough to a 8x70p/6x70b such that DSDT, Audio, etc. works...

so is the 2x70p working 100% with current Probook installer?

I had successfully installed my EliteBook 2570p with Mavericks using this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

With just one exception. I had to place the "AppleIntelGraphicsFB" kext from ProBook installer 6.1.9 in the clover kext folder to get graphics output.

That's it! Fully working with all incl. sleep/wake, Bluetooth, USB3 and DisplayPort (but NO VGA).:thumbup:

tyraenor, is your EliteBook 2570p stable with 10.92 and current PBI?
looking at going the non-clover method, have you tried it without clover?

tyraenor, is your EliteBook 2570p stable with 10.92 and current PBI?
looking at going the non-clover method, have you tried it without clover?

Yes it is stable. But with 10.9 I did not tried without clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back