Contribute
Register

HP Elitebook 2560p @Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I just installed sierra using this method. Thanks for all the helpful hints and tips here. Based on the screenshot in the OP, I selected OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, but that didn't work, so just stick with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.

Previously I had OS X 10.10 installed, using the old method with the probookinstaller. So far everything seems to work, except for the smart card reader, which did work before. Anyone that did get the smart card reader to work in 10.12?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

I thought it was a bit unnecessary, since this topic is about only one type of laptop.
HP elitebook 2560p, i5 2540m 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, compatible wifi.

Previously you said this about the card reader:
Actually, it works because the ProBook Installer installs the Jmicron kexts for the card reader...

I've been trying to find this kext, but can't seem to find it. I've taken a look at the old probook installer, but I'm afraid I'll break things when I run that one.

I thought it was a bit unnecessary,

No. Please fill out your profile as requested in the FAQ, guide, and in post #47.

Previously you said this about the card reader:

Still true. It is installed by install_downloads.sh and the kexts are in the kexts subdirectory of the github repo.

I've been trying to find this kext, but can't seem to find it.

It is more than one kext. Refer to install_downloads.sh.

No. Please fill out your profile as requested in the FAQ, guide, and in post #47.

Still true. It is installed by install_downloads.sh and the kexts are in the kexts subdirectory of the github repo.

It is more than one kext. Refer to install_downloads.sh.

Thanks. I've filled out my profile and reran install_downloads.sh, but to no avail. I've looked into what the script does, but it goed beyond what I can understand.

Thanks. I've filled out my profile and reran install_downloads.sh, but to no avail. I've looked into what the script does, but it goed beyond what I can understand.

Make sure you disabled FireWire in BIOS as per guide.

Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Make sure you disabled FireWire in BIOS as per guide.

Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

There is no firewire on this laptop, nor can I find anything similar in the bios.

Attachments

• smartcardreader not working.zip
    16.3 MB · Views: 120
  • Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 18.14.25.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 18.14.25.png
    352.6 KB · Views: 168
There is no firewire on this laptop, nor can I find anything similar in the bios.

Firewire==IEEE 1394.
Your ioreg shows the card reader drivers are loaded. It should work provided you place a compatible card in the reader. Only old/small cards are supported (for example, I have a 16GB SanDisk Extreme III SDHC card that works).

Firewire==IEEE 1394.
Your ioreg shows the card reader drivers are loaded. It should work provided you place a compatible card in the reader. Only old/small cards are supported (for example, I have a 16GB SanDisk Extreme III SDHC card that works).

There seems to be some confusion.

The SD card reader is working, no problem with that, also bigger cards (up to 64GB tested) :)
It's the smart card reader that isn't. The one you can use to read all sorts of smart cards in credit card format. In the included screenshot I tried to read my Belgian ID card to log in to get access to my health insurance stuff.

There seems to be some confusion.

The SD card reader is working, no problem with that, also bigger cards (up to 64GB tested) :)
It's the smart card reader that isn't. The one you can use to read all sorts of smart cards in credit card format. In the included screenshot I tried to read my Belgian ID card to log in to get access to my health insurance stuff.

Not supported.

Too bad, it used to be with the probook installer. Will I break anything if I reran the old probookinstaller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back