Contribute
Register

HP Elitebook 2560p @Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there folks,

after all this years of reading great stuff here i'd like to contribute with Sierra on the HP Elitebook 2560p.

I'd like to confirm success using RehabMans Guide:

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Just make sure to do the following:

• REALLY reset the BIOS Settings prior to everything like stated by RehabMan.
  • Use the most current CLOVER installer to put CLOVER on your USB Boot Partition.
  • From the Clover installer just select the UEFI option, use only the following drivers:
    • screen-shot-2016-07-10-at-15-47-00-png.202687

• (just like SkullD3mon did here - thanks for the image (ツ))
    • Add "HFSPlus.efi" to "drivers64UEFI"
  • Use the most recent OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller from RehabMan
  • Add the following kext's in "OTHER":
    • fakepciid_hd4600_hd4400.kext
    • fakepciid.kext
    • FakeSMC.kext
    • genericusbxhci.kext
    • realtekrtl8111.kext
    • NOT the old voodoops2controller.kext - use RehabMans new one as stated above
You should be able to boot & install now. Proceed as normal (ツ) - I am just refining kexts and further functions. Maybe this thread can be used as a exchange for Elitebook & Sierra stuff?

Thanks! :headbang:

Follow up:

• Wifi starts working for me after ProBook installer and a direct CLOVER upgrade afterwords. Use same VoodooPS2 kext as stated before
  • Investigating Sleep/Wake now.

Last edited:
Hi there folks,

after all this years of reading great stuff here i'd like to contribute with Sierra on the HP Elitebook 2560p.

I'd like to confirm success using RehabMans Guide:

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Just make sure to do the following:

• REALLY reset the BIOS Settings prior to everything like stated by RehabMan.
  • Use the most current CLOVER installer to put CLOVER on your USB Boot Partition.
  • From the Clover installer just select the UEFI option, use only the following drivers:
    • screen-shot-2016-07-10-at-15-47-00-png.202687

• (just like SkullD3mon did here - thanks for the image (ツ))
    • Add "HFSPlus.efi" to "drivers64UEFI"
  • Use the most recent OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller from RehabMan
  • Add the following kext's in "OTHER":
    • fakepciid_hd4600_hd4400.kext
    • fakepciid.kext
    • FakeSMC.kext
    • genericusbxhci.kext
    • realtekrtl8111.kext
    • NOT the old voodoops2controller.kext - use RehabMans new one as stated above
You should be able to boot & install now. Proceed as normal (ツ) - I am just refining kexts and further functions. Maybe this thread can be used as a exchange for Elitebook & Sierra stuff?

Thanks! :headbang:

Follow up:

• Wifi starts working for me after ProBook installer and a direct CLOVER upgrade afterwords. Use same VoodooPS2 kext as stated before
  • Investigating Sleep/Wake now.
Thanks for this, too. The very simple advice of "Use the most recent OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller from RehabMan" made a world of difference for me in upgrading an old but still serviceable 4530s. The only real issue is the F2 key which doesn't dim the screen.

Hello everyone I have this machine with this description.

HP ELITEBOOK 2560P | Core i7 2620m (Sandy Bridge) | INTEL HD 3000 (1366 X 768) | Chipset Sandy Bridge | South Bridge QM67 | Separate broadcom bluetooth|

I have try this method following RehabMan guide but I haven't been able to install osx. I get diferent errors but now I get the same error that ddw have on post #6.

I have try with 3 diferents usb 1 of them usb3 no luck, I have try the 2 partition method and the single partition method with the same luck.

I'm using config_HD3000_1366x768.plist
and the files mentioned on rehabman.
if anyone can help me and need more screenshots I will posted I have 4 days trying to get this running by my self but I'm about to give up, that's why I'm asking for help.

Thank you

Hello everyone I have this machine with this description.

HP ELITEBOOK 2560P | Core i7 2620m (Sandy Bridge) | INTEL HD 3000 (1366 X 768) | Chipset Sandy Bridge | South Bridge QM67 | Separate broadcom bluetooth|

I have try this method following RehabMan guide but I haven't been able to install osx. I get diferent errors but now I get the same error that ddw have on post #6.

I have try with 3 diferents usb 1 of them usb3 no luck, I have try the 2 partition method and the single partition method with the same luck.

I'm using config_HD3000_1366x768.plist
and the files mentioned on rehabman.
if anyone can help me and need more screenshots I will posted I have 4 days trying to get this running by my self but I'm about to give up, that's why I'm asking for help.

Thank you

See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Must use a USB2 stick in an Intel USB2 port.

That's the guide I have been following I don't mind doing it again in fact I bought a new usb2 that I wanted to try today, I would like to know what I'm missing or doing wrong. I want to get this laptop working with osx for my wife as I'm tire of dealing with reinstaling windows every 6 month and can't afford to buy a new macbook, by the way my laptop just have 2 usb ports I don't know if they are intel or not.

again thank you

I would like to know what I'm missing or doing wrong.

No idea. You didn't provide any information.

If you need help...

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Also, please fix your profile as clearly requested in the guide.

laptop just have 2 usb ports I don't know if they are intel or not.

For you to find out. If you have a USB3 port, it is not Intel.

here is a picture of the error and the files I am using. :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 282
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 526

You did not follow the guide.
Clover/drivers64UEFI is not per guide.
Clover/kexts/Other is not per guide.

Use only the files that are recommended in the guide. No more...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

hello don't know if I put those file there of it was the clover installer but after fixing it and following your guide I was able to install then I ran all the script in your original post. but now when I boot clover on the ssd there is not OS DRIVE SHOWING, how ever I'm still able to boot with the usb installer drive.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 368

hello don't know if I put those file there of it was the clover installer but after fixing it and following your guide I was able to install then I ran all the script in your original post. but now when I boot clover on the ssd there is not OS DRIVE SHOWING, how ever I'm still able to boot with the usb installer drive.

You forgot HFSPlus.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back