Contribute
Register

HP EliteBook 1030 G2 PostInstallation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you X360 1030 G2 hacks installed 11.3 update without issues?

Calan
Yeah installed 11.3 as the first version. Works great except for some minor issues.

Another minor thing:

When I connected my external monitor via USB-C -> DisplayPort sound worked great at first. However after turning it on and off (or perhaps it was after energy saver turned it off) the sound disappeared.

When opening the sound settings the external monitor deosn't show up at all anymore.

Have you experienced the same?

EDIT:
I randomly tried a few things out and noticed that if I connected a regular HDMI cable from the laptop to the monitor, while at the same time keeping the USB-C to DP cable plugged in then the HDMI audio shows up, but also the DP audio. And when disconnecting the HDMI cable the DP audio still remains and functions normally. A bit of a hack but it works at least.

Last edited:
Took me a couple of weeks to solve my 11.3 issues. There was a lot of hassles, especially with ACPI (Fn F9 - ACPI boot menu) losing the boot menu for Opencore and Fedora, repeatedly. The best way to fix the loss of the menu in ACPIThis has been solved by a combination of opencore 0.6.8 and an additional kext - FakePCIID_XHCIMux. I also changed the XhciPortLimit to False. I am still running USBInjectAll.kext. I have always had a problem with a failure of this machine to cleanly shutdown, complaints from BIOS on restart. This has been fixed by applying the RTC patch to DDST using MaciASL.
Finally, I have got my grub menu successfully chainloading OpenCore from Fedora. If anyone interested I can post the information here.

Still a little shy to upgrade to 11.3.1 probably wait to official 11.4. And eventually I will get the time to try and get the touch working....

Peace

Calan

Has anyone here managed to get touch working? Or trackpad with complete gestures?

These are the two things still bugging me

Also, how is performance for people? For me the performance is much slower compared to windows, especially with electron apps (Even simple things Youtube 1440p lags very much)

Any help is appericiated!

OK. Finally got touch working under OpenCore 7.3. Trackpad gestures not working with more than two fingers - but that is not that important to me as now my pen works :).

I read some posts on the I2C glitter feed and got a clue about the order of kext loading and the importance of ssdt-xosi which I had disabled from loading - also am not loading the SSDT-I2C.aml and the SSDT-PNLF.aml but patched the DSDT.aml with the windows patch.

You can find my EFI attached - you will need to add your serial number and uuid entries.

regards

Calan

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    39.6 MB · Views: 633
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back