Contribute
Register

HP EliteBook 1030 G2 PostInstallation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update.
Got everything working and was able to update from beta 9 to release of big sur without any problems.

Only things not working is touch screen and full functionality of the touchpad.
Otherwise it's running really stable.

Can post EFI if anyone is interested.

Could you please post EFI folder? I'm very interested.

I have an HP EliteBook X360 1030 G2
Intel Core i5 u -7th gen8 GB ddr4 ram
256 GB SSD
I don't know anything about mac os installation and I also don't have a mac to proceed with my installation. Can someone help me
I want to install latest mac os in my laptop

I have an HP EliteBook X360 1030 G2
Intel Core i5 u -7th gen8 GB ddr4 ram
256 GB SSD
I don't know anything about mac os installation and I also don't have a mac to proceed with my installation. Can someone help me
I want to install latest mac os in my laptop
read the faq and guide in my signature

Hey,
I have an HP Elitebook 1030 G2 as well (i7, 620, 8GB)
I have used the EFI folder by MrFreaks and booted to Mac OS Big Sur successfully with everything working except -
// Touch
// Trackpad Gestures
// Battery Level
// Camera
// Internet Speed

As far as I understand, touch isnt working for anyone so that is okay. But also -
// My Trackpad shows as a mouse
// I dont see any battery related information
// Camera app picks up the IR camera, not the actual camera. I can change it manually so no big deal really but just was curious if anyone has the same issue
// My internet speed is really slow. I have a 5g router and my network goes upto 100Mbps but in Mac I am lucky to touch 30. I know the intel driver kext is in its infancy but I wonder what speeds are you guys getting ?

As I used your EFI folder, I am unable to understand why I am having these issues.
Also, I found some newer Alps Driver Kexts but whenever I install them I cant boot

As I am a noob, I would really appreciate if someone can help me fix atleast battery and touchpad, as its really hard to use the system without them. Also if any other owner wants to try the driver I am talking about let me know as I dont know if posting external links is allowed here.

I will attach my EFI folder
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25 MB · Views: 250
Hey,
I have an HP Elitebook 1030 G2 as well (i7, 620, 8GB)
I have used the EFI folder by MrFreaks and booted to Mac OS Big Sur successfully with everything working except -
// Touch
// Trackpad Gestures
// Battery Level
// Camera
// Internet Speed

As far as I understand, touch isnt working for anyone so that is okay. But also -
// My Trackpad shows as a mouse
// I dont see any battery related information
// Camera app picks up the IR camera, not the actual camera. I can change it manually so no big deal really but just was curious if anyone has the same issue
// My internet speed is really slow. I have a 5g router and my network goes upto 100Mbps but in Mac I am lucky to touch 30. I know the intel driver kext is in its infancy but I wonder what speeds are you guys getting ?

As I used your EFI folder, I am unable to understand why I am having these issues.
Also, I found some newer Alps Driver Kexts but whenever I install them I cant boot

As I am a noob, I would really appreciate if someone can help me fix atleast battery and touchpad, as its really hard to use the system without them. Also if any other owner wants to try the driver I am talking about let me know as I dont know if posting external links is allowed here.

I will attach my EFI folder
Thanks in advance
Install latest available BIOS/UEFI version(01.37) and the battery should work.
Getting between 40-80 Mbps on 2,4GHz, my connection speed is 250/250 so not really great but it's good enough.

Can't connect to my 5GHz band.

Haven't been able to get the advanced touchpad features to work and like you said only as a mouse, but that's good enough for me since basic scroll features and two finger tap works.

Last edited:
New update. Have installed Big Sur beta 9 using opencore 6.2. Everything works with the exception of the touchscreen. I do not have to press Fn F9 to select an UEFI boot like previously using clover. If HDMI screen attached when booting the screen is not recognised, plugging and unplugging results in the external screen being recognised. Boot is fast, I think faster than clover. To get USB ethernet adaptor to work I followed the following post. https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/651132

I have attached my EFI. The config.plist needs the addition of your info for:
PlatformInfo/Generic/MLB
PlatformInfo/Generic/SystemSerialNumber
PlatformInfo/Generic/SystemUUID

regards

Calan
Thank you very much for your EFI. I have the exact same model as yours, and with your EFI I was able to do a successful install, but when I boot it restarts after Apple logo loading screen finishes. I also tried the EFI provided by @MrFreaks and didn't see any install option. Just some tools.efi options. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Regards
Ak

Thank you very much for your EFI. I have the exact same model as yours, and with your EFI I was able to do a successful install, but when I boot it restarts after Apple logo loading screen finishes. I also tried the EFI provided by @MrFreaks and didn't see any install option. Just some tools.efi options. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Regards
Ak

Try opening EFI/OC/config.plist and change "ScanPolicy" to 0

Serial, MLB and UUID is stripped so don't forget to add your own.

Hi,

I used your EFI folder to install Big Sur successfully. Only problem I have that is that the fonts are too small. Have any of you guys found a way to increase the size without going down in resolution from 1920px? I tried for example 1600px but it makes everything a bit blurry.

UPDATE:
I bought the fantastic program SwitchResX and now I'm able to run a resolution of about 1270px with high DPI which is just about the right size for the screen I think and looks much more crisp than before. Really happy with the setup now. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Any of you X360 1030 G2 hacks installed 11.3 update without issues?

Calan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back