Contribute
Register

HP EliteBook 1030 G2 PostInstallation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
New update. Have installed Big Sur beta 9 using opencore 6.2. Everything works with the exception of the touchscreen. I do not have to press Fn F9 to select an UEFI boot like previously using clover. If HDMI screen attached when booting the screen is not recognised, plugging and unplugging results in the external screen being recognised. Boot is fast, I think faster than clover. To get USB ethernet adaptor to work I followed the following post. https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/651132

I have attached my EFI. The config.plist needs the addition of your info for:
PlatformInfo/Generic/MLB
PlatformInfo/Generic/SystemSerialNumber
PlatformInfo/Generic/SystemUUID

regards

Calan
Thanks for that. I have been spending quite a bit of time with battery visibility, and decided to just upgrade to Big Sur beta and see if I can get things going. I have the same laptop, albeit with the i5 (my original system board was bios locked, and I couldn't replace the bios chips successfully)

I'll start working on OC with BS and see where it lands me.

New update. Have installed Big Sur beta 9 using opencore 6.2. Everything works with the exception of the touchscreen. I do not have to press Fn F9 to select an UEFI boot like previously using clover. If HDMI screen attached when booting the screen is not recognised, plugging and unplugging results in the external screen being recognised. Boot is fast, I think faster than clover. To get USB ethernet adaptor to work I followed the following post. https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/651132

PlatformInfo/Generic/MLB

regards

Calan
I know this is not your thread, but reporting back that everything is working well. I took your DTST and decompiled yours and mine, then did a file compare to see where I missed some things. All works great, aside from what you mentioned previously (touchscreen). I'm currently investigating. If you happen to get there first, let me know!

PlatformInfo/Generic/MLB

regards

Calan
DUDE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!!! I APPRECIATE IT

I know this is not your thread, but reporting back that everything is working well. I took your DTST and decompiled yours and mine, then did a file compare to see where I missed some things. All works great, aside from what you mentioned previously (touchscreen). I'm currently investigating. If you happen to get there first, let me know!
Mind sharing your EFI-folder, have the same model with the same cpu but can't get mine too boot.
Getting stuck on the apple-logo.

Edit: Got it to boot but screen is so dark i can't really see anything.

Last edited:
Mind sharing your EFI-folder, have the same model with the same cpu but can't get mine too boot.
Getting stuck on the apple-logo.

Edit: Got it to boot but screen is so dark i can't really see anything.
Hey, restart the laptop and as it restarts hold the Fn and F9 keys until you see: starting the Boot menu. This give a list of volumes that can boot using ACPI - the USB disk volume and/or the internal disk that you installed to should be listed. Select that and boot. Then the opencore menu will appear and you select the volume from there and the screen should work - assuming you have the required ACPI files within the EFI partition on the volume you are booting from.

I attached my EFI which has these files in a post above.

regards

Calan

Hey, restart the laptop and as it restarts hold the Fn and F9 keys until you see: starting the Boot menu. This give a list of volumes that can boot using ACPI - the USB disk volume and/or the internal disk that you installed to should be listed. Select that and boot. Then the opencore menu will appear and you select the volume from there and the screen should work - assuming you have the required ACPI files within the EFI partition on the volume you are booting from.

I attached my EFI which has these files in a post above.

regards

Calan
Are you still running beta 9 or have you been able to get the latest beta running?

I've gotten it to install but got stuck after that and not had the time to look into it.

Last edited:
Are you still running beta 9 or have you been able to get the latest beta running?

I've gotten it to install but got stuck after that and not had the time to look into it.
Beta 10 borked my machine. Had to reinstall beta 9 yesterday....

Beta 10 borked my machine. Had to reinstall beta 9 yesterday....
Went with beta 9 and got it up and running but i'm having problems getting the battery status to work, any suggestions?

Hey MrFreaks,

if you used my EFI within the ACPI folder there is a SSDT that enables the battery. I also have a battery sensor kext within the kext folder.

Calan

Just an update.
Got everything working and was able to update from beta 9 to release of big sur without any problems.

Only things not working is touch screen and full functionality of the touchpad.
Otherwise it's running really stable.

Can post EFI if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back