Contribute
Register

HP EliteBook 1030 G2 PostInstallation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i basically tried to enable each port mentioned in my config.plis (first one by one, latest try just having all of them enabled at once with conenctor type being DP->HDMI) but I still get a KP when hotplugging HDMI

Attachments

• debug_31071.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 90
@derder great work. Could you describe what is working and what don't?
What bios version do you have? What wifi do you use?
It could be first guide for this model.
I'm using HP 1012 G2 with Mojave but want purchase 1030 G2 as second machine.

@derder I have the same model HP . 1030 G2 Elitebook but the i7 variant. I can hot plug HDMI only when the graphics frame buffer is spoofing a Skylake GPU. Unfortunately, I lose the touchscreen support when I boot like that.

Also, I have problems with the backlight working properly when booting directly off of SSD, but it works perfectly if the EFI is on an external USB drive...

If you want details of my config.pls then let me know.

regards

Calan

@derder I have the same model HP . 1030 G2 Elitebook but the i7 variant. I can hot plug HDMI only when the graphics frame buffer is spoofing a Skylake GPU. Unfortunately, I lose the touchscreen support when I boot like that.

Also, I have problems with the backlight working properly when booting directly off of SSD, but it works perfectly if the EFI is on an external USB drive...

If you want details of my config.pls then let me know.

regards

Calan

Can you please post your efi folder? I would have the same laptop but can't get touchscreen to work. Would be much appreciated!

Here you go joeybozo.

regards

Calan

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    12.5 MB · Views: 239
Just an update to booting with brightness enabled off of the external ssd.

By accident I have discovered that I restart the machine with Fn F9 pressed to launch the boot menu and then selected the MacOS UEFI entry then the machine will boot and enable the brightness controls, if I boot without selecting the boot menu then the machine will boot MacOS but the screen will be dimmed and not adjustable after boot.

regards

Calan

Another update! I discovered a better APPL,ig-platform-id string for this machine.
The changes are AAPL,ig-platfrom-id 0000C087
device-id C0870000
Previously I have been spoofing the CPU as Skylake chip, to get the HDMI external graphics to work. With this change now the HDMI works perfectly. Also, the touch screen and pen now works!

I will attach my updated config_pen.plist, which replaces the config.plist in the EFI archive that I posted previously.

regards

Calan

Attachments

• config_pen.plist
    11.8 KB · Views: 113
Another update! I discovered a better APPL,ig-platform-id string for this machine.
The changes are AAPL,ig-platfrom-id 0000C087
device-id C0870000
Previously I have been spoofing the CPU as Skylake chip, to get the HDMI external graphics to work. With this change now the HDMI works perfectly. Also, the touch screen and pen now works!

I will attach my updated config_pen.plist, which replaces the config.plist in the EFI archive that I posted previously.

regards

Calan

Wow thanks for the update! much appreciated!! Are you still on mojave or did you move up to catalina?

New update. Have installed Big Sur beta 9 using opencore 6.2. Everything works with the exception of the touchscreen. I do not have to press Fn F9 to select an UEFI boot like previously using clover. If HDMI screen attached when booting the screen is not recognised, plugging and unplugging results in the external screen being recognised. Boot is fast, I think faster than clover. To get USB ethernet adaptor to work I followed the following post. https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/651132

I have attached my EFI. The config.plist needs the addition of your info for:
PlatformInfo/Generic/MLB
PlatformInfo/Generic/SystemSerialNumber
PlatformInfo/Generic/SystemUUID

regards

Calan

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.2 MB · Views: 255
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back