i5 7200U
Graphics
HD 620 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
i successfully managed to install 10.14 on my EliteBook and got WiFi up and running with an external USB-device. I also tried to get stuff like Audio, HDMI and battery status to run but failed miserably. Unfortunately this type of EliteBook isn't yet covered by any guide I was able to find and my ability to adapt to other guides seems to be insufficient.

As of know I have working sound on like 50% of my boots. It's not an exact number but usually if I don't have working sound and I reboot I will have sound afterwards and another reboot will kill it again. Also I got a batterystatus wit 0% in Systemsettings and if I check the "Show Battery status in menu bar" it appears for a split second and vanishes afterwards. When I try to hotplug something to HDMI it will result in a Kernel Panic.

Does someone have some experience with this type of EliteBook or can help me in another, simple way?

Attachments

• debug_11582.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 151
Hello,
i successfully managed to install 10.14 on my EliteBook and got WiFi up and running with an external USB-device. I also tried to get stuff like Audio, HDMI and battery status to run but failed miserably. Unfortunately this type of EliteBook isn't yet covered by any guide I was able to find and my ability to adapt to other guides seems to be insufficient.

As of know I have working sound on like 50% of my boots. It's not an exact number but usually if I don't have working sound and I reboot I will have sound afterwards and another reboot will kill it again. Also I got a batterystatus wit 0% in Systemsettings and if I check the "Show Battery status in menu bar" it appears for a split second and vanishes afterwards. When I try to hotplug something to HDMI it will result in a Kernel Panic.

Does someone have some experience with this type of EliteBook or can help me in another, simple way?
remove this for a start:
VoodooHDA.kext

config.plist:

enable these:
Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
                <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>
and make these:
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>#PinConfigurations</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>#hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>#layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <key>#no-controller-patch</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>

look like this:

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>PinConfigurations</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <key>no-controller-patch</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>
you may need to experiment with different layout ID's as per:

I removed the VoodooHDA.kext and changed both parts of the config.plist but no sound there.
How do I change the Layout of AppleALC?

I removed the VoodooHDA.kext and changed both parts of the config.plist but no sound there.
How do I change the Layout of AppleALC?
where it says Layout ID, currently set to 3

I tried all applicable Layout IDs to the "Conexant" devices (this is what Windows shows me as audio hardware) and none of them worked after a reboot

I tried all applicable Layout IDs to the "Conexant" devices (this is what Windows shows me as audio hardware) and none of them worked after a reboot
you haven't uploaded any problem reporting files

sorry, this is the latest status, I hope these are the files you are talking about

Attachments

• debug_28429.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 132
I ran the kextupdater, one ekxt was updated, restart did not help, I repatched my DSDT as I did not wrote down what I patched.
I patched:
-Audio Layout 14 (RehabMan Laptop)
-[bat] HP Pavilion x360 (RehabMan Laptop)
-[igpu] Brightnes fix (RehabMan Laptop)
-Fix _WAK Arg0 v2 (RehabMan Laptop)
-IRQ Fix (RehabMan Laptop)
-RTC Fix (RehabMan Laptop)

I ran the kextupdater, one ekxt was updated, restart did not help, I repatched my DSDT as I did not wrote down what I patched.
I patched:
-Audio Layout 14 (RehabMan Laptop)
-[bat] HP Pavilion x360 (RehabMan Laptop)
-[igpu] Brightnes fix (RehabMan Laptop)
-Fix _WAK Arg0 v2 (RehabMan Laptop)
-IRQ Fix (RehabMan Laptop)
-RTC Fix (RehabMan Laptop)
Audio Layout 14 (RehabMan Laptop) maybe the issue

this DSDT was for a previous version of macOS?

try without this DSDT in your machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back