Contribute
Register

HP dv6t-7000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was the ssdt. either way I dumped it on windows and am going to patch it.

After I put it on the usb stick what boot flags do you want me to use?

I thought that was the ssdt. either way I dumped it on windows and am going to patch it.

After I put it on the usb stick what boot flags do you want me to use?

Since you're injecting with DSDT, you should use IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No -v -f

I tried to save it and it won't let me due to an error. Also what about the cpus=1 flag to avoid the kernel panic?

Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 12.46.50 PM.jpg

First, make sure you're using ACPI 4.0, not 5.0. Post the DSDT if you still have an error under 4.0...

And for power management related items (once you get it installed), see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

And.... It worked. It's installed!!!

Now I know there's a few things I still need to do with this, if you can point me to some links / lend some assistance with this.

I still need need to install a boot loader. I would like to do a triple boot with Win 7 x64, Ubuntu (I think 13.10 is the latest x64), and of course OS X 10.9. If you could point me in the right direct I should be able to do the rest. I also still have to put ubuntu on here again.

I'm still having to boot with cpus=1 to avoid a kernel panic so how do I deal with that.

I know I need to run mutlibeast is there anything specific I need to do when I run it.

Finally is there anything else besides the above.

Much appreciated!

Edit: It might be helpful if you knew this. I have win 7 on an ssd in my primary drive bay and I have OS X and eventually ubuntu on a regular HDD in my optical drive bay.

And.... It worked. It's installed!!!

Now I know there's a few things I still need to do with this, if you can point me to some links / lend some assistance with this.

I still need need to install a boot loader.

Once you implement power management as linked in the post you quoted, you will have a boot loader. After you do that, you should copy the patched DSDT you've started work on to your HDD's /Extra/dsdt.aml. You will have more patches later to get everything working, but at least after that you should be able to boot with full power management and graphics working.

I would like to do a triple boot with Win 7 x64, Ubuntu (I think 13.10 is the latest x64), and of course OS X 10.9. If you could point me in the right direct I should be able to do the rest. I also still have to put ubuntu on here again.

See my blog ... link is in my signature.

I'm still having to boot with cpus=1 to avoid a kernel panic so how do I deal with that.

You need KernelPatcher module from Chameleon. The power management link I gave you mentions this.

I know I need to run mutlibeast is there anything specific I need to do when I run it.

See power management link for a start.

Finally is there anything else besides the above.

You should be able to get ethernet working with: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Realtek-Network

Slowly working through getting things to work. Any chance I can get my wireless adapter working. It's an intel centrino 6230

Any chance I can get my wireless adapter working. It's an intel centrino 6230

No. It is not supported. You will need to replace it.

No. It is not supported. You will need to replace it.

Yeah, well that isn't going to happen since I use windows more than mac. I'll just have to live with it for now. Anyways it looks like everything is working now, minus the boot loader but I'll fix that later.

Thanks for all the help.

Yeah, well that isn't going to happen since I use windows more than mac. I'll just have to live with it for now. Anyways it looks like everything is working now, minus the boot loader but I'll fix that later.

Thanks for all the help.

Whatever you replace it with would be compatible with windows too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back