CPU
2.50 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey everyone,

First time installing hackintosh and its worked GREAT apart from the fact I have no brightness on my screen, I have been able to play and research around a bit and have installed some sliders one of which actually does dim the display some, my problem however is that my screen is already far to dim and I need it much brighter!! I cannot connect an external display either through VGA or HDMI as the laptop freezes on the HDMI connection and the VGA has no response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,

First time installing hackintosh and its worked GREAT apart from the fact I have no brightness on my screen, I have been able to play and research around a bit and have installed some sliders one of which actually does dim the display some, my problem however is that my screen is already far to dim and I need it much brighter!! I cannot connect an external display either through VGA or HDMI as the laptop freezes on the HDMI connection and the VGA has no response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Motherboard
HP Pavilion DV6837TX
CPU
2.50 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi,

I updated as you requested. I am not sure on the motherboard chipset as this is running MAC OS only.

System HP Pavilion DV6837TXCPU 2.50 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.