Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I know it's OLD but I have an old HP DV5 and I had to reinstall Lion on it (does not support anything more recent).
Just after installation of Lion 10.7.0 I tested the webcam and it was working.
After updating to 10.7.5 it's not working anymore.
Maybe some new extension in the combo update overwrote the working one...

I have everything else up and running, even BCM4312 but I can't re-enable the webcam.
I hope someone can help and point me to the kext to replace with the old version.

Please forgive my english...

Hi, I know it's OLD but I have an old HP DV5 and I had to reinstall Lion on it (does not support anything more recent).
Just after installation of Lion 10.7.0 I tested the webcam and it was working.
After updating to 10.7.5 it's not working anymore.
Maybe some new extension in the combo update overwrote the working one...

I have everything else up and running, even BCM4312 but I can't re-enable the webcam.
I hope someone can help and point me to the kext to replace with the old version.

Please forgive my english...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

FAQ is for Clover, I'm using Chimera. Anyway I have used the tool for proper problem reporting. Hope it's right.

Attachments

• debug_23146.zip
    461.3 KB · Views: 242
FAQ is for Clover, I'm using Chimera. Anyway I have used the tool for proper problem reporting. Hope it's right.

It looks like you removed some kexts or otherwise corrupted them.
Note output from kextcache:
Code:
IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.

You can run the OS X installer to refresh your kexts.

It looks like you removed some kexts or otherwise corrupted them.
Note output from kextcache:
Code:
IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.

You can run the OS X installer to refresh your kexts.

Thank you very much for your help!
I restored the previous version of IOUSBFamily.kext and now I have a clean kextcache output, but even after a reboot and a permissions repair I still don't have webcam.
It works like a charm on 10.7.0, TFU in 10.7.5…
I have ran again the tool just to be sure I have done everything right, thank you again.

Attachments

• debug_29304.zip
    466.1 KB · Views: 241
Thank you very much for your help!
I restored the previous version of IOUSBFamily.kext and now I have a clean kextcache output, but even after a reboot and a permissions repair I still don't have webcam.
It works like a charm on 10.7.0, TFU in 10.7.5…
I have ran again the tool just to be sure I have done everything right, thank you again.

Do a fresh install for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back