1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
BRAND:HP

MODEL & MODEL #: DV4t-5100

CPU: Intel i7-3612QM

GPU: Intel Display HD 4000/Nvidia GT 630M

BIOS VERSION:F.15

Whenever i boot from Unibeast 1.5 with mountain lion it always get stuck at "System uptime in nanoseconds: 687231385"

any help would be appreciated

Use GraphicsEnabler=No. But once you get past that part you will be greeted with "Still waiting on root device ...". As far as i know we are SOL as we can't change to AHCI thanks to HP and their locked down BIOS.

I had an old HP dv5-1015nr, which I no longer have, that ran Lion and Snow Leopard with nearly fully hardware support. I believe the default for that laptop was AHCI. I'm curious as to why you can't switch to AHCI. Is it running in IDE mode now? Seems strange that a new laptop wouldn't be running in AHCI mode. IDE is really old for today's computers.

I had an old HP dv5-1015nr, which I no longer have, that ran Lion and Snow Leopard with nearly fully hardware support. I believe the default for that laptop was AHCI. I'm curious as to why you can't switch to AHCI. Is it running in IDE mode now? Seems strange that a new laptop wouldn't be running in AHCI mode. IDE is really old for today's computers.

Yes it is running in IDE mode. I have spent several hours on the phone with HP support about this and they all gave me the same BS response of " HP HDDs are linked to the BIOS and it needs to be in IDE mode for this, to be able to run the HP diagnostics". They tell me that the new DV7 is the only new model that has the ability to switch to AHCI unlocked in BIOS. I am curious is anyone with a new DV6 has had a successful install. From what i gather they will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back