CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
HD 530
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! I'm new on this forum and I would like to test the Hackintosh experience.

I just bought the HP COMPAQ PRO 6300 MT on eBay for 100€ with an Intel Pentium G2020 2,9ghz, 500GO HDD.

I have several questions :
  • Will the Pentium G2020 work with the latest MacOS High Sierra or should I upgrade it to an Intel Core ? I saw people that have managed to install MacOS Sierra/High Sierra on Pentium but I also saw people saying "Minimum Intel Core ..."
  • The GPU, here is the big deal, there are things I don't understand at all : The HP Elite Pro has a Display Port and VGA output, I understood that the VGA is not compatible with MacOS neither as the Intel HD Graphic 2500. SO :
    • Should I install MacOS with the screen connected to the Display Port and only after, install any graphic card (nVidia GT430) ?
    • Or should I buy a natively compatible graphic card (nVidia GT 710/1030), install it and use it to install MacOS High Sierra and after, change it for another graphic card (I was thinking about the GTX 750 non TI) ?
Thanks in advance for your help ;)

(Sorry if I made mistakes, I'm not english :rolleyes:)

Start with the GTX 750 it will work. Upgrade the CPU to at least an i3-3220 an i5-3470 would be ideal. Check Ebay.

Hello! I'm new on this forum and I would like to test the Hackintosh experience.

I just bought the HP COMPAQ PRO 6300 MT on eBay for 100€ with an Intel Pentium G2020 2,9ghz, 500GO HDD.

I have several questions :
  • Will the Pentium G2020 work with the latest MacOS High Sierra or should I upgrade it to an Intel Core ? I saw people that have managed to install MacOS Sierra/High Sierra on Pentium but I also saw people saying "Minimum Intel Core ..."
  • The GPU, here is the big deal, there are things I don't understand at all : The HP Elite Pro has a Display Port and VGA output, I understood that the VGA is not compatible with MacOS neither is the Intel HD Graphic 2500. SO :
    • Should I install MacOS with the screen connected to the Display Port and only after, install any graphic card (nVidia GT430) ?
    • Or should I buy a natively compatible graphic card (nVidia GT 710/1030), install it and use it to install MacOS High Sierra and after, change it for another graphic card (I was thinking about the GTX 750 non TI) ?
Thanks in advance for your help ;)

(Sorry if I made mistakes, I'm not english :rolleyes:)

Pentium CPUs like the G2020 are not supported in MacOS. Those people who have managed to install MacOS on Pentiums use a thing called "FakeCPUID", which essentially fakes the CPU as something else.

If possible I strongly recommend you upgrade the CPU to at least a Core i3 (like the i3-3220 or 3225), which is natively supported and will save you a lot of trouble.

You should install a supported graphics card before you attempt to install MacOS, since the CPU graphics is not supported and can cause problems during installation. Unless of course you upgrade the CPU to one whose CPU graphics is supported, such as the Core i3-3225 which has supported HD4000 graphics.

Start with the GTX 750 it will work. Upgrade the CPU to at least an i3-3220 an i5-3470 would be ideal. Check Ebay.
Pentium CPUs like the G2020 are not supported in MacOS. Those people who have managed to install MacOS on Pentiums use a thing called "FakeCPUID", which essentially fakes the CPU as something else.

If possible I strongly recommend you upgrade the CPU to at least a Core i3 (like the i3-3220 or 3225), which is natively supported and will save you a lot of trouble.

You should install a supported graphics card before you attempt to install MacOS, since the CPU graphics is not supported and can cause problems during installation. Unless of course you upgrade the CPU to one whose CPU graphics is supported, such as the Core i3-3225 which has supported HD4000 graphics.

Thanks to you both! I think I'll wait until I get an i3-3225 and I'll see after if I can get a GTX 750 ;)

I'll keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back