i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 | GTX 1650 LP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@RehabMan

I have this HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF with i7 3770 CPU, 4GB Ram for now & Intel HD4000 IGPU with a 2.5" Kingston V300 120GB SSD.

I have a few issues that i wanted to address:

1. CPU Power Management:
I tried to build a CPU SSDT via the script but for some reasons it is causing issues with the PC which makes it work really slow and laggy.
However even though it is a Ivy Bridge CPU, i tried to enable KernelXCPM=yes & PluginType=1=yes and the PC is working blazing fast now.
What i want to know is that by checking the Problem Reporting files, should this method be okay, is everything loaded correctly, as i already know that you pointed for this method for Haswell+, not so good on Ivy, so i just wanted to make sure does it work on certain Ivy CPU models ?.

2. IOregistryExplorer:
Whenever i open it, it takes time to open, even after it does, it will refresh right after it opens
(which from my previous experience on laptops, it used to be a sort of indicator for me that something is wrong).
Can you take a quick scan and see if everything is loaded correctly and if there's something that needs to be:
- Renamed
- Disabled
- Patched
- Removed
- or Added

3. USB Ports:
By reading your "10.11+ USB Solutions" guide, i saw that 7-series should work fine with just FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCImux.kext, -uiac_exclude_xhc boot flag to let ACPI take control of XHC & emulate windows.
All usb ports are working fine, each one 1by1 but in terms of proper patching:
- is USBInjectAll.kext required
- so the creation of a custom USB Injector for USB2 ports (EH01 & EH02).
- if PowerProperties are loaded from SMBIOS, do the same properties apply for EH01 & EH02 or only XHC ?

4. PC Fan:
Is it possible to add FAN rpm reading for the CPU Fan ?, can you point out if the code for Fan is present on ACPI or not ?

I would like you to give it an overall quick scan and point out problems/fixes/things that need to be added or removed.

Attached you can find the PR files.

Attachments

• debug_27807.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
@black.dragon74 since i saw you have decent experience with Fan RPM, can you please point on how should i make the edits to have Fan RPM to show on HWMonitor and other Monitoring Applications
@RehabMan can you please take a look at post #1 when you have time.

or whoever else can help with the post #1 i will appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back