Contribute
Register

HP Compaq DC5800 Small Form Factor - Mountain Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nino9008

Hello Fellow hackintoshers

recently acquired a computer from work in decent shape and wanted to attempt OS x on it. HW is as follows:
HP Compaq DC5800 SFF
Intel Core 2 Duo
4 gb ddr2 Ram
750gb SATA
NO ahci mode in bios (even with mo recent firmware update)

Now I got past the ahci problem simply by connecting the drive to a sata to usb dock. The Mountain Lion Unibeast i created booted just fine into the installer, and I was able to format the drive and install it that way. The installer finishes successfully and I reboot.

Here's the tricky part

I have YET to successfuly boot post-installation. Even with all boot flags accounted for, I still get a "no-go" symbol above the apple logo after a minute or 2 at the boot. I was wondering if there was anything I could try to get this thing off the ground. I still have hope because the installer booted without issue. Any Pointers? Should I try Snow Leopard first??

Connecting your drive via USB will yield slow drive speeds in the OS. SATA has much more bandwidth than USB. If you still would like to go this way, I reccomend installing snow leopard 10.6 with iBoot. Try that and see what happens

I realize this is an old thread, but try dropping a ApplePIIXATA.kext into the Extra/Extensions of your already prepared drive to see if that will allow you to "see" your drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back