Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
Intel 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just bought this laptop today and after having used MacOS for years, its hard to adjust to Windows.....I want to go back to MacOS Sierra if possible. Here is what I know about the computer

CPU: Intel i5 7th gen -7200U
GPU: Intel 620

Last edited:
I am completely and utterly confused about this :( I used to have an HP ProBook 4530s and it was so easy to install OS X on it....then it died....so I bought a MacBook Air that I used for 2 years....I needed a computer ASAP so I went to Best Buy and tried to find a laptop that was listed on the forums but they were either more expensive that what little money I had or Best Buy didn't have them.....I did get Clover on a USB drive and it did boot....but that's about as far as I've gotten....I have the current latest version of MacOS Sierra downloaded onto a real Mac, so I have the USB drive, MacOS, a real Mac to use to set it all up but no clue as to what exactly to do from there....

EDIT 1: I am currently writing a USB installer for MacOS Sierra....Hopefully it will work.....*fingers crossed*

EDIT 2: Can't boot to installer...i've tried faking the CPU ID, i've tried faking the GPU ID, i've tried everything I can think of....sadly, it scrolls text so fast and then kernel panic and reboots so freaking fast.....i've went thru probably 30-40 boots, changes, etc.....nothing has worked...

EDIT 3: Got to installer! Yay! However, can't use keyboard/mouse :(

EDIT 4: Okay, it's installed (temporary install to a USB drive before I end up wiping my Windows install)....now just gotta get kext files for my wifi (or replace wifi card), sound and graphics

Last edited:
Did you get macOS working on your BS015dx? I have it mostly working, and it's almost ready to go on the road. I didn't document my steps, so I could use more users with the same machine to write up an installation guide (I know I'll need it later when it's time to reinstall from scratch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back