Contribute
Register

HP branded Intel HD3000 Mobile? (HP DV6-7 6xxx Sandy Bridge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this, we need a Zprood/Bcc9 solution in dsdt under Device BAT0/EC, or this kext work with 16bit info?

You would need a DSDT with _BIF/_BST methods in battery device that return ACPI compliant info and do it with 8-bit EC registers, if in fact, the DSDT uses the EC to get battery info (not every computer does -- the info could be in shared memory, for example). It is not really the battery kext that relies on 8-bit registers to access the EC -- it is OS X AppleACPIPlatform.kext that is not quite implemented 100% correct (ie. not so ACPI compliant... at least when it comes to accessing EC registers larger than 8 bits).

At least that is my understanding.

working well now i require driver for lan and the driver for showing the battery..

i there any problem with display when working on the battery(means a bit flikering cant be visible but with high concentration can be seen)

do i require every time to enter rd=rdisk but i can start with -F

You would need a DSDT with _BIF/_BST methods in battery device that return ACPI compliant info and do it with 8-bit EC registers, if in fact, the DSDT uses the EC to get battery info (not every computer does -- the info could be in shared memory, for example). It is not really the battery kext that relies on 8-bit registers to access the EC -- it is OS X AppleACPIPlatform.kext that is not quite implemented 100% correct (ie. not so ACPI compliant... at least when it comes to accessing EC registers larger than 8 bits).

At least that is my understanding.
Thank you for your response.
I can not prove this yet, because I'm away from my Hackintosh. I'll try it when I'm at home.

Only now ask this:
you have the repository for your work on this kext, this is redistributable in a opensource spirit?

I am gathering material for a project, I can use your work if useful for this, quoting your name, ... anywhere?

Thank you for your response.
I can not prove this yet, because I'm away from my Hackintosh. I'll try it when I'm at home.

Only now ask this:
you have the repository for your work on this kext, this is redistributable in a opensource spirit?

I am gathering material for a project, I can use your work if useful for this, quoting your name, ... anywhere?

It is open source as it was originally based on AppleSmartBatteryManager, which is governed by Apple Public Source License, or APSL.

I include a copy of the license which details what you can and cannot do with the code.

The license can also be read directly on Apple's website here: http://www.opensource.apple.com/license/apsl/

working well now i require driver for lan and the driver for showing the battery..

i there any problem with display when working on the battery(means a bit flikering cant be visible but with high concentration can be seen)

do i require every time to enter rd=rdisk but i can start with -F

Use lnx2mac's Drivers for LAN. Get it here (version 0.0.90)

for battery use RehabMan's kext or mine attached.

no it doesn't require to boot with -f flag or rd flag. If you can't boot without rd flag then you need the kexts suggested by Micky1979.

Attachments

• VoodooBattery.kext.zip
    37.2 KB · Views: 92
Hi MIcky!

What's the progress on our Installer?

Many of my friends want to install hackintosh on their laptops which is similar to mine. With the installer it would be easy and helps in beta testing.

It is open source as it was originally based on AppleSmartBatteryManager, which is governed by Apple Public Source License, or APSL.

I include a copy of the license which details what you can and cannot do with the code.

The license can also be read directly on Apple's website here: http://www.opensource.apple.com/license/apsl/
OK, thank you very much

Hi MIcky!

What's the progress on our Installer?

Many of my friends want to install hackintosh on their laptops which is similar to mine. With the installer it would be easy and helps in beta testing.
I go a bit 'plan because I'm alone, and I have to include two types of bootloader, and above all I have to create all the scripts ..
Also I have not patched AppleHDA for DV 7000 series at this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back