Contribute
Register

HP branded Intel HD3000 Mobile? (HP DV6-7 6xxx Sandy Bridge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
give me the method how to rebuild kernel cache

It seem, if you have trackpad kext already installed, possible this kext has dependencies not met, kernelcache is not rebuilt, and extension is not used!

run this in terminal:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

post the entire output of Terminal

Got his PM.

He fixed it by removing "ApplePS2Mouse.kext" plugin in ApplePS2Controller.kext

give me the method how to rebuild kernel cache

Just run Kext Utility, it will rebuild the kernel cache automatically.

However, if errors occur please post the entire output of kext utility here.

Hi I have followed the instructions for the lapic 10.8.2 kernel that you used, when I use my own boot.org.plist thing i get a kernel panic when I use your edit files it boots but in the wrong resoultion and screen is acting up. Please can you help. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Hi I have followed the instructions for the lapic 10.8.2 kernel that you used, when I use my own boot.org.plist thing i get a kernel panic when I use your edit files it boots but in the wrong resoultion and screen is acting up. Please can you help. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Edit /Extra/org.Chameleon.Boot.plist and change this:
Code:
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1366x768x32</string>

change the resolution here of what you have. Example: if you DV7 change it 1600x900x32 or change it to your max screen resolution.

Just run Kext Utility, it will rebuild the kernel cache automatically.

However, if errors occur please post the entire output of kext utility here.
This only happens if everything is OK, Punjabi.
But if there is a problem with this command, you can determine whether there are dependencies of the extensions that are not met, and so you can find the solution

Code:
Last login: Thu Oct  4 00:13:12 on ttys000MacBook-Pro-di-Micky1979:~ micky1979$ sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel
/ locked; waiting for lock.
Lock acquired; proceeding.
Kernel file /mach_kernel does not contain requested arch: i386
BJUSBLoad.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.libkern.
BJUSBLoad.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
MacBook-Pro-di-Micky1979:~ micky1979$

Above, it is ok (missing = has no dependencies on other kext).
If you find any problems terminal writes that the dependencies were not satisfactory in some kext and rebuild the cache fails! Terminal writes about who is to blame:thumbup:

Cheers will try now, is usb3.0 working now. Thanks.you guys are awesome

Hi it worked when I added that graphics line, then I installed some more things voodoo battery ntfs for mac macfuse and now it has gone back to being the wrong resolution also the hdmi port didn't work when I tried it could it have something to do with that? Thanks once again.

This only happens if everything is OK, Punjabi.
But if there is a problem with this command, you can determine whether there are dependencies of the extensions that are not met, and so you can find the solution

Code:
Last login: Thu Oct  4 00:13:12 on ttys000MacBook-Pro-di-Micky1979:~ micky1979$ sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel
/ locked; waiting for lock.
Lock acquired; proceeding.
Kernel file /mach_kernel does not contain requested arch: i386
BJUSBLoad.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
MacBook-Pro-di-Micky1979:~ micky1979$

Above, it is ok (missing = has no dependencies on other kext).
If you find any problems terminal writes that the dependencies were not satisfactory in some kext and rebuild the cache fails! Terminal writes about who is to blame:thumbup:

Thanks! I tried in my terminal and had similar output.

One problem, When I turn off Discrete Graphics KP occur. KP occur due to AppleACPIPlatform.kext Any Ideas??

Any lead on my webcam problem???

Cheers will try now, is usb3.0 working now. Thanks.you guys are awesome

USB 3.0 works only after sleep/wake with just battery only (not plugged in). After that you can plug in charger no problem.

Use the attached kext and rebuild kernel cache through kext utility.

Note: Remove any other usb 3.0 kexts installed before rebuilding kernel cache.

Attachments

• PXHCD.kext.zip
    123.2 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back