Contribute
Register

HP branded Intel HD3000 Mobile? (HP DV6-7 6xxx Sandy Bridge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can try, give me a time,

post your actual ioreg (made with IORegistriExplorer)

Here you go... check urself the ioreg both of them if they are with or without patched dsdt. Tell me if you need different....

Attachments

• ioreg from ioregexplorer.zip
    304.9 KB · Views: 85
  • ioreg with dsdt.zip
    372.6 KB · Views: 78
Check out the article I wrote on my blog. It addresses this exact issue. It is a bit of work at the recovery command line to fix, but possible. Blog link is in my signature.

Basically, you need to keep one of the Windows partitions active (probably the Win7 partition). Windows likes to have an active boot partition. And you'll see how you need to copy the boot files over from one Windows partition to another.

I must say that the article is ... fabulous !
Amazing work man. Too good

The problem for me is, I cannot boot into windows from Chimera. Any version for that matter. As soon as I get the options for windows 7 and 8. I click on any of them I get the error "boot selection failed and boot from windows cd" etc. etc. error 0x000000000e ?

So I cannot continue with your article without fixing my windows first.

Also, anyone on Mt Lion who got their multitouch gestures ( 2 finger scroll ) to work ?
Can they please share their kexts ?

I must say that the article is ... fabulous !
Amazing work man. Too good

The problem for me is, I cannot boot into windows from Chimera. Any version for that matter. As soon as I get the options for windows 7 and 8. I click on any of them I get the error "boot selection failed and boot from windows cd" etc. etc. error 0x000000000e ?

So I cannot continue with your article without fixing my windows first.

You will probably need to boot in recovery mode and take a look at your boot structure. I use a USB key to do all my Windows installs, so I boot off that. Once you get the installer/recovery booted, hit Shift+F10. This gives you a command prompt. Run 'diskpart' so you can see how the volumes are laid out (type 'list vol' in diskpart, then type 'exit' to get out). Now you know how Windows mapped drive letters to things. In order for Windows to boot from Chimera there must be a boot record on the partition, BOOTMGR in the root, and properly formed /BOOT/BCD file. It doesn't sound like you have an issue with boot record on the partition (you wouldn't get any errors from Windows boot loader... just Chimera... a little hard to tell from your description of the error, but I don't think so...) Easy to see if BOOTMGR is present (use DIR). Use BCDEDIT /store driveletter:\BOOT\BCD to look at them and make sure they are correct. Reading and *understanding* the guide may help you here.

Great!!!:thumbup:

So now Micky! Can you assess my webcam problem?? (follow previous posts)
I'm back,
I can try, give me a time,

I redid the dsdt from scratch,

many patches in these, then you can try (no guarantee because I can not try it)!

In the two dsdt I made, only difference are under HPET IRQ:

in one is missing IRQ 11 and 15, likely USB 2.0 will not work, but try before ...

What to see:

-Webcam
-USB 2.0
-USB 3.0 (try PXHCD.kext or also the Call Digit kext in Multibeast)
-Lower display brightness when on battery
-Ethernet (if it works well, after each reboot, wifi must be off)

You must use MacbookPro 8,3 smbios.plist (always)!!!!!!!!

Notify me does not work

Attachments

• New dsdtes DV6.zip
    42.9 KB · Views: 112
I'm back,

many patches in these, then you can try (no guarantee because I can not try it)!

in one is missing IRQ 11 and 15, likely USB 2.0 will not work, but try before ...

What to see:

-Webcam
-USB 2.0

Notify me does not work

I don't see any difference. Webcam doesn't work. Not even after sleep/wakeup. (In both dsdt's)
In both the dsdt's USB 2.0 WORKS, 3.0 Locks the system but works after sleep/wakeup. (didn't tried calDigit kext from multibeast yet)
Same old brightness. Ethernet works and wifi works too in both of them.

I practically see no difference.

Using Macbookpro 8,3 smbios.plist.

I know you are working on USB 3.0 IRQ issue. But maybe the issue is not with dsdt. Maybe kernel is responsible.
When I boot with something plugged in USB 3.0, system locks. It doesn't boot. System gets locked before it finds the boot device. Only kernel and extensions are loaded at that time and dsdt too. Not extension problem, if assume no dsdt problem, them maybe kernel?

In system profiler, there's Renesas XHCI Controller in under PCI cards which has revision id of 0x0006, but in under USB->USB Super Speed BUs, PXHCD show revision id 0x0004. Strange?

I'm back,

What to see:

-Webcam
-USB 2.0

Notify me does not work

In Lion, webcam worked just fine. No issues there Used the same dsdt in ML, didn't work. I think might not be dsdt issue.

In Lion, webcam worked just fine. No issues there Used the same dsdt in ML, didn't work. I think might not be dsdt issue.
Revision comes from dsdt, just have time fix him!

In your ioreg there are multiple instances of HP Truevision HD, it seems strange!

I assure you that the dsdt is completely different in some patches (plus some new ones).

If USB 2.0 works even without IRQ 11 and 15 (never happened before), use this type, because the system can use IRQ much more freely!

Now there is just one thing I've never done:

FirmwareUpdate

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.htm

This is an official update to do in Windows, so do not hesitate, but careful with uPD720200 or uPD720200a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back